3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Who is Sapling?
Sapling's Onboarding and HR Suite has been acknowledged as an industry winner and is chosen by companies like KPMG, Warby Parker, UCSF, Invision and Coupa to help them build successful onboarding and people practices for the future of work.
What's the job?
Sapling is helping passionate people ops teams around the globe build better companies. TThe Product Designer applies deep user understanding and design principles to create a visual and interaction experience that is easy to understand and fun to use. You'll work with a Product Manager and team of engineers to ship solutions to challenging problems and get feedback directly from customers.
You'll be measured based on your ability to work within a team and design solutions from the product roadmap. You'll leverage customer research, competitive assessments, design sprints, and good ol' fashioned design sense to make that happen.
We are looking for candidates with a diverse background and experience, aligned with our values and vision, and eager to grow with our team.
Why you'll love it here:
Sapling is committed to building a culture that champions diversity, equality, and inclusion at every step. As a company that is trusted by HR professionals, these principles serve as the very foundation of our work. We are honored to celebrate team members regardless of race, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. We believe unique perspectives make us stronger, and we'd love for all that share these values to find a home here.
Want to apply but not sure if you'd be the right fit? We know there is no ‘perfect' candidate. If we sound like the right place for you to make a difference in this world, we encourage you to submit an application!
What you'll be doing:
- Working across the design process: design wireframes, user flows, interactions, and experiences that are elegant, intuitive, and consistent
- Creating prototypes to explore concepts and narrow to the best solution
- Organizing usability studies and other UX research, then use data to support your design decisions
- Working closely with Product Managers & Engineering to make sure designs are executed well
- Supporting the creation and implementation of our Design System
What you probably need:
- At least 2 years in a digital product design position
- A portfolio of relevant design work demonstrating breadth and depth of design skills
- Experience working with distributed and remote teams
- A growth mindset; a desire to make things better; a healthy balance of humility and confidence
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated empathy for customers
- BA/BS in some kind of Design or Human Computer Interaction field
We hope you also have:
- Experience with Google's Material Design framework
- Experience with B2B customers and SaaS solutions
- Domain experience in Human Resource technology (HR tech)
- Knowledge of front-end markup: HTML/CSS/JS
- Familiarity with design and communication tools like Figma, Slack, Jira, Confluence, and G Suite
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈