1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
We're looking for a designer with UI/UX experience combined with cross-training in marketing, brand, and rapid prototyping. You'll be the first full-time design hire backed by a strong product and engineering team.
Reporting directly to the Product Lead, you will have the opportunity to be a key contributor to the design and development of our mobile and web app. You will be responsible for core product contributions and solving design problems at all levels––whether that means iterating with product and engineering on a new onboarding flow or working with growth or member success to design a new acquisition tool.
Product Design is crucial to realizing both our product vision and providing our members with a delightful, trustworthy experience. We are looking for a creative mind with precise design chops who loves to dig into customer problems and solve them with lightweight but powerful solutions.
You are both a strategic thinker and a tactical doer - eager to roll up your sleeves and do all design work as necessary for both the core product and also to support growth, marketing, and other company initiatives. To thrive in this role, you should possess a unique blend of UX, design, and business savviness with a hunger to learn and improve every day.
- Create delightful online and offline experiences through simple, elegant, user-focused interfaces.
- Drive design from early-stage concepts all the way through final delivery and product launch. You’ll work closely with product management and engineering on daily basis.
- Quickly and iteratively create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups, detailed UX, and visual design specifications.
- Plan and execute user interviews, usability testing sessions, and other user experience research methods on a regular basis.
- Find creative, intuitive, visually appealing solutions to user and business challenges
- Iterate and improve on data-driven design
- 2+ years of product/UX/UI design experience across web and mobile
- UI design, quick prototyping, wire-framing, user-flowing
- Effectively collaborate with engineers, product managers and business stakeholders and are able to do so in this next era of remote working.
- Ability to communicate design ideas via sketches, wireframes, and prototypes
- Experience using Figma to create prototypes and hi-fidelity designs
- Experience marrying UX/interaction design with pixel-perfect visual design
- Growth mindset - not afraid to make mistakes, try new things, and keep learning!
- You have the ability to thrive in a highly iterative process that involves listening, adapting, moving fast, talking to users, and constantly collaborating
- Readiness to hustle with a nothing-too-small attitude
- An obsession with design, user empathy, and creative problem-solving
- Super Figma skills, an understanding of best design practices, and an instinct for using design to support both brand strategy and product goals
- Some background with designing delightful web experiences for mobile
- Experience in a high-growth company, or a deep desire to join one
- Flexibility and an open mind
- Experience working with and contributing to digital design systems, style guides, and pattern libraries
- A deep understanding of UI/UX design principles and best practices across platforms
Compensation will be a mix of salary and stock options. It's based on your location and will be highly competitive compared to similar-stage companies.
Equity range 0.1%-0.25%
Flexible PTO + work hours
We believe that clearly defined goals combined with great people, empowerment, and autonomy create the best results. We feel confident that inclusive and diverse teams working on an important cause can accomplish extraordinary things.
Chipper is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈