1 month ago
Job type: Internship
Hiring from: USA Only
Skylight (https://skylight.digital/) is at the forefront of a civic movement to reinvent how the government serves the public in a digital world.
We’re looking for a Product Designer Intern to join our talented team of technologists in driving this movement forward.
You’ll be a key part of our small, but rapidly growing team, which consists of former Presidential Innovation Fellows, founders of 18F, and members of the U.S. Digital Service.
We work in small, fast, agile teams to create exceptional customer experiences and enduring solutions out of the government’s most complex design and technology challenges. The work is challenging, but highly rewarding.
What you’ll do:
- Work alongside product managers, software engineers, and other practitioners responsible for making critical decisions about product strategy
- Work closely with UX researchers to inform strategic direction and carry out a user-centered design approach
- Create mockups and design artifacts as needed to help the team develop a shared understanding of the product vision
- Uphold user-centered design principles and evangelize its value to stakeholders, engagement partners, and subject matter experts
- Promote empathy for the general public and government workers as we seek to improve their tools and technology
- Represent Skylight's culture of delivery when interacting with government stakeholders and other contractors
What we’re looking for:
- Foundational knowledge of product design concepts, principles, and practices
- Some level of demonstrated experience designing products
- Strong empathy, organization, and communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- A mindset and work approach that aligns with our core values (https://skylight.digital/company/values/)
We focus on supporting you in a variety of ways:
- Competitive hourly wage
- Learning and growth opportunities
- Career advancement opportunities
- Flexible, remote-friendly work environment
- An environment that empowers you to unleash your superpowers for public good
We participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
We're an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈