1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Multiple locations
Location: London head office or remote (Preferably UK timezone or East Coast, US)
Experience: 5+ years as a UI/UX/Product designer
BibliU is a digital learning platform that is changing the future of the multi-billion-dollar textbook industry. Our mission is to shake up higher education and make reading materials more accessible and learning more effective. We do this by making textbooks and monographs more affordable for students, so that in most cases, they are included in tuition costs. We have incorporated accessibility features to accommodate multiple learning styles and the different needs and preferences of each student.
BibliU has grown rapidly, and during this time we have created Europe's largest digital education content programme, in partnership with Coventry University. Upon entering the US market, we have secured the largest digital textbook programmes in the US with Phoenix and Grand Canyon Universities.
We are working with over 60% of universities in the United Kingdom, and are steadily growing in the US . We have recently raised $10 million in a Series A investment round (you can read more about this on Sky News and EdSurge) and have ambitious plans for continued growth and expansion.
Our team of 45, of which half the senior management team are women, are currently seeking our first Product Designer to work within a global, cross-functional, product-driven company.
Areas of Responsibility
You will be working directly with the VP of Product and our student and institutional-facing product teams to ensure that we build delightful solutions for our users. You will be given the opportunity to work on interesting problems across our 3 products from discovery all the way through to QA and release. You will own our design system and drive the adoption of it throughout our platform.
You’ll design delightful solutions by:
- Developing a deep understanding and empathy for our users and their jobs to be done through continuous discovery and user research in collaboration with our PMs
- Testing low and high fidelity prototypes with users to ensure your solution meets their needs
- Working closely with engineers to ensure your solutions are feasible
- Verifying features are up to spec through involvement in the QA process
- Monitoring your features’ performance after launch to iterate and improve on them
Our benefits are all aimed at supporting a healthy work-life balance and cultivating a company culture where you can bring your whole, human self to work.
- 43 days of holiday including public and bank holidays.
- Flexible working
- Annual company retreat
- Equal paternity and maternity cover
- Birthday day off (in addition to annual leave)
Fostering community is important to us. The BibliU book club meets (virtually) every 6 weeks and we have an active Women's Network.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds, experiences and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective and BibliU is committed to building an inclusive and supportive workplace where everyone can do rewarding work.
If you’ve got any questions about the role, get in touch with our Operations Analyst, Nafis, at [email protected].
- You’ve designed delightful, high usage products before
- You’re passionate about building the best possible experience for all users
- You trust your gut, but validate your assumptions
- You understand accessible design and ensure that every feature we deliver is accessible to all our users
- You understand technical limitations and you’re able to adapt your solutions around them
- You’re comfortable with both UI and UX design and know when to work with low vs. high fidelity prototypes
- You’re a team player and excellent communicator, used to working on remote teams
- You’re excited by what we’re working towards
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Multiple locations .
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈