1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
NS1 optimizes delivery of the world’s most critical internet and enterprise applications. Only NS1’s platform is built on a modern API-first architecture that acts on real-time data and grows more powerful in complex environments, transforming DNS, DHCP, and IP Address Management (IPAM) into an intelligent, efficient, and automated system. NS1’s technology drives dramatic gains in IT efficiency and application performance, reliability, and security for the largest global enterprises, including Salesforce, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Nielsen, Pitney Bowes, Squarespace, Pandora and The Guardian. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.
The Product Designer will join the engineering and product organizations to design and implement industry-leading interfaces for SaaS and on-premise software products. The designer will focus on all aspects of the product design lifecycle, from user feedback-gathering, identifying areas where workflows are lacking, prototyping/testing features, and developing high-fidelity UI designs to deliver on our commitment to top-of-class user experiences for our customers.
The Designer will ensure seamless coordination of stakeholders around project variables, generating a shared understanding of deliverables and timelines. You thrive when given the opportunity to scale design systems and bring insight into what makes a great user experience from various perspectives.
- As a member of the Product Design team, communicate design objectives and specifications effectively to our internal and external clients
- Conduct research and gather feedback from both customers and team members to identify high-priority feature requests and help propose design solutions
- Develop user flows, wireframes, create prototypes and produce high-fidelity designs
- Collect and deliver detailed, thorough design requirements and specifications for development
- Support, and collaborate with, the front-end development team during all phases of development and deployment across projects to ensure high-quality implementation of workflow and interface improvements
- Contribute extensible elements and patterns to evolve, scale and maintain our design system
- 3 to 5 years or more of professional experience in User Experience, Interaction and Interface Design
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision and/or Figma, Adobe Illustrator, working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience with diagramming/charting tools such as LucidCharts, or similar
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization with a commitment to quality and simplicity
- Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external), demonstrated problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
- Demonstrated comfort with remote communication culture in order to work effectively with distributed teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Animation/micro animation skills
- Experience with analytics, infrastructure or networking products
Similar roles may be: UX/UI Designer
- Our globally distributed platform is comprised of many subsystems including:
- Custom built DNS platform that’s deployed on physical hardware
- Anycasted edge network that spans nearly 30 facilities globally
- REST API and Client Portal
- Deployment automation, CI/CD, unit/integration testing
- Monitoring, metrics collection and alerting
- Traffic load balancing, filtering, and DDoS mitigation tools
- Distributed messaging, persistent DB and caching systems
- Other technologies and integrations include:
- Linux, Ansible, Docker & other container platforms
- AWS and other cloud providers
- BGP, BPF, SDN, packet analysis
- MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL
- Go, Python, Bash, C, C++14, React, Redux, D3
- OpenTSDB, ELK, Grafana
- Integrations with third party SaaS, APIs, and libraries, various Open Source projects including REST API clients and integrations
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary and stock options)
- medical, dental, and vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours and time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!