Product Design Manager
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Multiple locations
We’re Polly, an engagement app that captures instant response on Slack and Microsoft Teams and helps you make data-driven decisions instantly. We are a remotely-based, distributed team located in various parts of the US, Canada, and Pakistan.
Polly is looking for an energetic, self-motivated and detail-oriented Product Design Manager. Part strategist, part hands-on designer, this leader will have a key role in envisioning the user experience as well as leading and growing a design team. You will own the end-to-end design process across all of Polly’s product suite (MS Teams, Slack, and our web app.) As this role stretches across multiple product ecosystems, you’ll collaborate with various cross-functional stakeholders across the team.
In this role, you’ll be developing and leading the design philosophy for the company and ensuring projects, design features, user experiences are the best they can be for our customers. Using your leadership and management experience, you’ll guide the team to ideate, create, and refine workflows and patterns in the core product experience to make our products dead simple to use, which in return will increase adoption, expansion and retention.
- Use leadership methodologies and design skills to bring a user-centered point of view to our product.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering and Product leadership to define features and contribute to the overall direction of the entire product.
- Lead the team in ideating, creating, and documenting user flows and patterns across all product experiences to make our products simple for our users.
- Grow a team of designers by setting crisp goals, evolving our design practice, building team culture, and guiding the team to the best possible solution
- Drive investment in our design infrastructure to allow us to more reliably and rapidly produce great user experiences.
- Be a thought-leader and identify unknown areas that design investment could make an impact to our business and users.
- Contribute to our company's strategy, and set the monthly objectives and results for the design team
- Deeply understand our users through user research, user insights, and data using this to produce scalable insights we can use across the company through written documentation, videos, user flows, empathy maps, and customer journey mapping
- You have owned core app product development from inception to post-launch; you have a track record of shipping beautiful visual designs and intuitive experiences.
- You thrive on cross-functional collaboration and actively work to improve the people, product, and process on the design team and beyond.
- Ability to articulate complex ideas to the team and stakeholders to ensure cross-functional buy-in and partnership.
- You combine business insight, technical acumen, and human understanding to drive an immaculately prioritized design roadmap.
- Experience building effective, top performing, happy teams
- Effective communicator - able to partner with all levels of the organization
- Versatility across product and brand design
- Desire to always move fast and prioritize speed over scope
- Hunger to build a world-changing product
To apply and be considered, please provide a link to your online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices. **Dribble portfolios (while nice to show off finished product) do not provide a deep enough dive into the design process. If your portfolio is on Behance, please be sure to include examples of your design process.
Polly is the leading solution to measure critical workflows in Slack and MS Teams. Already loved by thousands of companies (including many Fortune 100), Polly empowers every employee to gather real-time insights in a way that’s quick, easy to use, and maximizes participation. Join us to help define how work is measured and managed in the era of enterprise messaging!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Multiple locations .
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈