Product Design Lead
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Are you looking for a role at the centre of envisioning, designing and seeing to creation a new platform business? Are you looking for an important role in the early stages of a start-up? Do you want to join an experienced team that are still energised by the spirit to change the status quo?
Riverflex is a fast-growing start-up on a mission to ignite transformation in the consulting industry. Launched in March 2018 by a former Deloitte team, we have successfully developed an innovative network consulting model enabled by a core technology platform. In just two years we launched operations in Amsterdam, London and Barcelona. Today we can already count Nestle, IKEA, Ahold Delhaize, Samsung and Tommy Hilfiger among our clients.
We know we are on to something with our new platform consulting model. There is over $1bn of investment pouring into hundreds of start-ups in the talent platform space. Our business has grown fast and we continue to be in strong demand through a weak economy. To achieve our true potential to operate at international scale, we have to build a world-class product team. The starting point is to find a leader in design that is ready to build a revolutionary platform business.
What you will do as our Product Design Lead
Based at our Amsterdam or London office but with the ability to work remotely, you will be responsible for the product design and experience of our Riverflex platform.
The platform is mainly operational in the United Kingdom and The Netherlands and we already have plans to scale that to additional markets in the coming year. The key customers and users of the platform are: Independent professionals who use the platform to share business opportunities, refer colleagues, share knowledge and manage their businesses; specialist boutiques who can use the platform to source and manage independent talent; and end clients and internal Riverflex staff to administer quality management and administration processes.
Reporting into one of the co-founders of the business you will be responsible for the full lifecycle of the product design process working with the Riverflex leadership team and technical lead to help shape the vision, design, and experience within the platform and make this into a reality.
Working with stakeholders across business leadership, marketing, talent, and engineering team, you'll lead on developing our product vision and roadmap. Using your data insights and expertise, you'll be driving the process to grow the platform into an industry leader. That means ensuring a consistently excellent experience for users, through innovation and experimentation.
What we offer
We offer you an exceptional experience to work for a fast-growing start-up, with a fun, dynamic, and stable international environment. Our management team is ambitious and innovative while bringing a professional approach from their previous experience at the CxO level in blue-chip companies. We offer a competitive salary and practical benefits such as flexible and virtual working. Once we have our rhythm, you will be able to work remotely from anywhere in the world for up to 3 weeks a year. When with the team, you will be working from a start-up hub at the heart London or Amsterdam. You will be given the autonomy to lead the development of a new platform and get the chance to leverage exciting new technologies.
Why work with Riverflex?
Riverflex has grown from initial launch 2 years ago to enter three markets (the United Kingdom, The Netherlands, and Spain), build a community of ~450 top-quality digital professionals , and have served 15 clients including world-class businesses such as Samsung, Ahold Delhaize, and Clear Channel. From building direct consumer relationships with agile Marketing for a global FMCG player to creating the Store of the Future for a global fashion apparel company operating in 100 countries - we have already established strong market traction and are growing fast. We are looking for a strong technology lead to join us on this journey. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
What we expect of the role
We don’t hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do (Steve Jobs).
So we expect to work together with the right candidate to shape the best role to fit between what they can add and what our business needs.
The role we believe our business needs right now would cover the following:
- Design and run customer/user research and develop valuable insights to inform our strategy
- Help shape our platform business vision and direction
- Define and own the platform roadmap
- Design and execute experiments to test new platform ideas
- Identify key metrics and data points to quantitatively measure and improve performance
- Creating hi-fidelity product designs, design ideas, user flows, sitemaps and prototypes
- Source and manage design services from third-party providers where required
- Establish outstanding product design practices and processes
- Closely collaborate with technical lead to deliver platform build
What you need to succeed
- 6+ years of experience in (digital) Product Design
- Experience in designing multi-sided digital platforms or marketplaces
- Experience working with Enterprise segment (preferably, SaaS: B2B/ B2C2B)
- Experience in leading Product vision, strategy & roadmap
- Understanding of business and product metrics
- Experience in validating design solutions using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Experience working with technical development teams and driving outputs
- An academic background in design-related disciplines (preferred)
- A systematic approach and attention to detail
- Analytical thinking and ability to have a holistic vision of the system as a whole
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Entrepreneurial - a creative mind combined with a sense of business ownership
- Fluent in English
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!