Product Design Director
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
About This Role
The Product Design Director leverages their deep experience in product design, process, research, UI, UX, and team leadership to execute the vision and strategy for our products: The Design Pickle Platform, FreshStock, and JarHQ.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing tech-enabled services company that is well-positioned to grow further onto the international stage.
Reports to: VP Product, CTO
On a daily basis, works closely with: Product Directors, Product Managers, and the Product Design team members.
Location: Design Pickle is a fully remote company with a Company Hub in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Who We Are Looking For
First, Design Pickle is anything but typical. We're a group of hard-working, creativity-loving individuals from around the world.
Do we love pickles, too? Most of us! But don't stress if pickles aren't your thing. It's not a deal-breaker. We do look for a passion and interest in something though because our employees' uniqueness is what helped make us the great company we are today.
We stand by our vision, purpose, and values, and these are mission-critical to how you show up every single day.
Specific to your role, we're looking for individuals who have...
- Enthusiasm for our purpose: To be the most helpful creative company in the world.
- Direct experience with building and managing Design Teams in technology, SaaS, or technology enables service companies.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Proven results as a UI/UX designer. You will be required to share examples of your work.
- Proven results as a leader. You will be driving the design roadmap of several products at once and managing a design team.
- Solid track record with major design projects, including leading customer research, customer validation, concept design, design systems, usability testing, and other modern design practices.
- Direct involvement in improving existing experiences, including data and metric based results.
- Experience working with engineering teams to deliver actionable designs and strategy for implementation.
- Experience in making data-driven decisions when it comes to design and experiences.
- Excellent project management and communication skills. Our team works remotely, and we need to know you can manage your time effectively.
Other qualities we are looking for include:
- An astute eye for modern app design and experiences.
- Experience designing beyond the web. Project experience includes mobile, integrations, and apps.
- Proven track record of building and/or improving company culture.
- Experience with design systems and workflows.
- Genuine curiosity to understand clients and best translate their needs into great products.
- Direct involvement with the CEO and other senior leadership to fully understand and execute the design vision.
- Familiarity with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS™).
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
As a fast-growing company, our roles are always evolving. However, we want you to know exactly what you're walking into. In the first 90-days, here is a preview of what's expected:
- Develop a firm understanding of our current product and design roadmap for our core products: DPP, FreshStock, and JarHQ
- Update our roadmap based on current, future, and discovered needs
- Recruit and hire additional UI/UX designers
- Review and update the workflow with Engineering
- Launch a unified design process and system for work inside the Product teams
Benefits, Compensation, and Perk
Uncapped PTO: Hate seeing your PTO hours decrease as the year goes on? Not anymore! There is no cap or number associated with the amount of PTO days you can request.
Major medical healthcare: We offer Bronze, Silver, and Gold major medical plans through United Healthcare which is managed seamlessly through Gusto.
Dental and vision insurance: We work with Beam Dental and VSP for ancillary coverage.
Remote-work flexibility: More productive at home? Not based in Scottsdale, AZ? Fine with us! We are a remote-first company with people all over the country.
World-class Company Hub: More productive in an office? Also, fine with us! Our Company Hub is set up with state-of-the-art standing desks, high-definition monitors, breakout rooms for meetings and calls, a podcast studio, a relaxation room, a merch wall, and a cold plunge! ….yes, we said a cold plunge.
In-office gym: Our Company Hub also has a small CrossFit-style gym available for any pickles to use!
New parent leave: Design Pickle encourages all primary caregivers to take up to 8 weeks leave for a new family member, including adoption, at full salary.
Paid training and personal development: We offer a yearly stipend for employees to continue to grow their skillset and learn things to help them in their careers.
Stock option potential: We give our tenured staff a stake in what we're building here.
Pet insurance: Have a furry friend? Design Pickle offers pet insurance through United Pet Care for discounted vet visits, medication, and procedures.
Team retreats, social events, and adventures: Pickle collaboration is important to us! We host regular social events, get-togethers, and experiences for our staff.
About Design Pickle
Design Pickle was founded in 2015 with a vision to change lives through its creative software, solutions, and services. Since then, the company has grown to be the #1 flat-rate creative services company in the world. We have served tens of thousands of clients with a team that spans the globe.
In 2019 & 2020, Inc. 5000 listed Design Pickle as one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
We are a company that takes our core values to heart:
We aim for Mister-Rogers-Level friendliness; every interaction comes from a place of inclusion, empathy, kindness, and respect.
We are resourceful, efficient, and committed to constant improvement by leveraging our time, technology, and resources.
We speak from the heart, operate with integrity, and guide every decision, conversation, and action with honesty (even when no one is looking).
We embrace our collective responsibility to delight customers, support our teammates, and give back to the community.
We are ambitious creators with grit by the jarful. We take ownership of our decisions and grow from our mistakes.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈