Principal Product Designer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Abstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate. Our company’s mission is to dramatically improve the productivity, transparency, and impact of Design. Since launching in July 2017, over 7,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from DocuSign, Instacart, Microsoft, Pandora, Wayfair, Wix, Cisco, Zendesk, and more.
At Abstract, we believe in a future where all companies recognize that empowering people to be creative unlocks productivity. We seek to build a world where companies see their people's expertise, where systems default to collaboration, and where curiosity and experimentation flourish.
We strive to be living examples of our values and first principles. We do hard things, make our own weather, and question the status quo. When we ship, we ship together. We value grit, inclusion, craft, curiosity, and iteration, just to name a few. And we embrace diversity and respect our differences because we know different minds see more parts.
If you thrive in a fast paced environment where you can make a big impact on our product and our company culture, we want to hear from you.
Abstract is a remote-first company (US-based only at this time).
- Operate cross-functionally to generate solutions to complex challenges
- Translate those solutions into elegant, intuitive designs
- Lead multiple projects across the entire product lifecycle
- See both the forest and the trees: think big picture, execute fine details
- Plan for the long term while navigating short-term tradeoffs
- Shape the vision for the user experience and champion customer needs
- Create an ego-free space for designers to collaborate
- Mentor other designers for growth in both soft and hard skills
- Level up team practice and processes
- 10+ years of experience working with in-house design teams
- Extensive experience collaborating with Product and Engineering to ship products
- Experience designing and shipping digital tools and complex systems
- Proven track record of determining and designing for measurable outcomes
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative, collaborative design process
- Strong cross-functional leadership and communication skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, often wearing multiple hats
- Ability to shift gears and pivot based on customer needs
- Passion for continuous improvement of your workflow and toolset
- A robust online portfolio showcasing your best work
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing to all full-time employees. We provide 99% healthcare coverage, as well as dental, vision, and life insurance options. We offer 10 weeks parental leave, unlimited paid-time off, a health care FSA, and flexible working arrangements. Additional perks include dependent care, a budget to set up your home office, and a monthly wellness and internet stipend.
To help employees plan for the future, we offer competitive pay, access to financial services, and a 401(k).
We are a distributed team and we are able to offer US-based remote employment. We offer travel opportunities for company meetings, team meet-ups, and the occasional conference.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; Elastic Projects will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈