Principal Product Designer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
All Turtles is a mission-driven product studio. We solve clear, meaningful problems felt by people and companies alike, and make products with simple, direct business models. Based in San Francisco and Tokyo, our collaborative multi-disciplinary team is distributed across the US and Japan.
As an experienced designer partnering with product teams, you’ll build early-stage products using a broad range of interaction, product, and visual design skills. You’ll push pixels but also engage in strategic conversations to shape how new products solve problems and find users.
If you enjoy thinking holistically about UX and product design—from wireframing and prototyping to style guides and design systems, from user testing to new feature design—this role could be a fit. We’re looking for someone who loves hands-on design work but also has the high-level perspective to advise early-stage projects and companies on best practices.
- Designing holistic experiences early on in the lives of studio company products
- Developing effective cross-functional design processes
- Leading small, diverse studio company teams in design thinking and product iteration
- Providing product and UX feedback and recommendations
- Designed robust, thoughtful products and experiences with other designers, researchers, and writers. Collaborated on research, testing, and other iterative methods.
- Touched every part of the design process—including visual design—but focused on UX and product in recent years
- Demonstrated the ability to balance individual contributor work with strategic thinking and UX direction
- Indicated a strong point of view on your discipline and an ability to explain your strategy and process to others
- Created lightweight, highly collaborative design processes
- Worked with early-stage companies
This Principal Product Designer role is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the Head of Design. This role can be based in any location. Since our distributed team works across US time zones, US-based applicants are preferred. We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance to our employees and their dependents, as well as a suite of optional benefits and perks programs including parental leave and flexible PTO.
All Turtles is committed to creating a diverse team. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈