Powertrain Design/Test Intern
1 month ago
Job type: Internship
Hiring from: USA Only
If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We're a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Powertrain Engineer Intern will be responsible for mechanical component and test fixture development for cutting edge electric vehicle drive units. The Powertrain Engineer Intern will focus on drive unit component design, test stand and fixture design, running tests, and reporting results.
This is a paid internship for Summer 2021 with an option to start on May 24, 2021 or June 21, 2021 and an option to end on August 13, 2021 or September 10, 2021.
- Aid in drive unit component design
- Aid in drive unit test stand design
- Design and analyze drive unit test stands and fixtures
- Work with electrical, software, and mechanical engineers to identify component, test stand, and fixture specifications and requirements
- Currently pursuing or recently completed Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 1+ year of CAD detailed part and assembly design in CAD
- Strong understanding of mechanical and thermal physics
- Experience of Test-Simulation correlation in the component / sub-system / models
- Strong communication skills and experience with presenting results and recommendations to multidisciplinary teams
- Work with some of the most innovative minds in EV
- Work closely with leaders working on LIVE projects in the EV industry
- Build long lasting relationships in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- Take a big step towards your future career
- Lots of team-building and networking opportunities (even remotely)
- All Internships are PAID internships
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈