Motion Graphics Designer / Animator
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Otus is an all-in-one K-12 learning platform that centralizes work for administrators, teachers, students, and families. We are always building and improving by implementing amazing ideas from our awesome team. Are you passionate, collaborative, love to geek out on technology, and want to work for a mission-driven company that is shaping the way teachers, students and parents learn together? If so, we want to hear from you.
Our diverse team consists of talented designers, developers, coaches, and leaders. At Otus, you'll find musicians, world travelers, beer enthusiasts, nerds, sports fans, and all-around great people who shape our positive culture.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Motion Graphics Designer / Animator with a background in Marketing, Software, and Graphic Design.
As an early member of a growing team, you must possess a strong work ethic and be upbeat, driven, intelligent, well-organized, articulate, share a passion for learning new technologies, and thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment.
You will have the opportunity to immediately contribute and see the impact of your work.
- Bring our product to life through captivating, informative animations and videos for our website and social media
- Demonstrate fluency with Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro
- Collaborate daily with marketing, product, and design teams
- Utilize expert knowledge of visual storytelling through motion in order to make complex concepts accessible and engaging
- Turn mockups of the user interface into simplified animations of product features
- Understand our product vision and marketing strategy in order to pitch and execute creative animation concepts
- Work within and enhance the existing brand through your work
- 2-3 years of experience as an animator
- Provide a diverse portfolio that demonstrates the skills necessary to succeed
- A degree in animation, graphic design, or related field is preferred
- Possess a passion for education and a drive to make an impact on the way students learn
- Work collaboratively and autonomously
- Be excellent and creative at communicating
- Software Design
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Advertising
- Video Editing
- Technical Copywriting
- Figma or other UI/UX design tools
- Competitive salary, professional development spending, and a budget for home office setup
- 20 PTO days a year, plus a day off for your birthday (or a loved one’s), an interest day (to do something you love), and paid holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of parental leave and great work/life balance
- Otus is a “remote first” company. Our team works remotely from the comfort of their homes
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Professional development budget
- Home Office budget
- Life Insurance and disability benefits
- 401K with an employer match (up to 4%)
Otus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈