Motion Graphic Designer and Video Editor
3 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: USA Only
Wavelength Strategy is a boutique digital firm dedicated to elevating digital persuasion and paid media strategy for Democratic campaigns and progressive organizations.
In 2020, Wavelength is proud to be working with top-tier Democratic campaigns and organizations, including some of the most competitive House and Senate races in the country and the fight against Trump in battleground states. Our team combines decades of campaign management and digital communications experience to help our clients move the voters they need to win.
Our approach is:
- Creative-first. To change minds and win elections, we need to do more than reach the right voters: We need to speak their language. We believe the goal of digital advertising's targeting capabilities should be to tailor content—from issue to treatment to messenger—to the voter and the platform where it's served.
- Immersive. We're committed to full integration and concierge service for our clients, and we're discerning about the number and kind of clients we work with. We believe that the best results come from knowing a campaign in and out, being part of every strategy conversation, and taking the time to make higher quality creative—from scripts to finished products.
- Cutting-edge. We've partnered with platforms and third-party vendors to develop state-of-the-art testing and modeling on measurable persuasion metrics as well as performance testing. Our mission is to migrate digital goals to broader campaign goals: moving the needle and winning.
About the role
As Wavelength's Motion Graphic Designer/Video Editor, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Supporting clients' paid persuasion and mobilization campaigns with thoughtful video strategy and dynamic, attention-catching creative across multiple digital platforms
- Using editing and motion skills to elevate clients' messaging and achieve big-picture campaign goals, including utilizing current trends, playing with formats, and adapting approach for different audiences and platforms
- Working closely with the rest of the creative team to brainstorm concepts and apply a consistent look and feel to all products
At Wavelength, we pride ourselves on cultivating a mission-driven and empowering environment that sets every member of our team up for success—and we want to work with people who are just as committed to those values. The ideal person for this role:
- Has experience creating digital videos for use in advertising—bonus for doing so in a political or advocacy context
- Understands video specs for multiple platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Google, YouTube, Hulu, etc.)
- Adept at manipulating graphics, typography, footage, and sound to “set the stage” of bite-size digital content that moves people
- Loves getting their hands on rough, unvarnished footage and turning it into something that looks beautiful and feels effortless—bonus points for great color correction
- Understands appropriate tonal treatments for different contexts (how a news-driven rapid response piece should feel different from an intimate testimonial)
- Hyper-efficient—makes bold choices and executes them quickly, pays obsessive attention to detail, and maintains organized asset libraries while managing multiple projects
- Enjoys collaborating, learning, and receiving feedback
- Is eager to grow, learn, try big ideas, share knowledge, and keep up to date with industry best practices and cutting-edge techniques
- Has an expert-level command of Adobe Premiere and After Effects; Audition CC, Animate CC, or Cinema 4D a plus
- Preference for candidates with additional skills in: audio engineering, color grading, illustration, and/or animation
- Is passionate about Democratic politics and progressive issues, and is fired up about helping win elections in 2020 and beyond
- Location: Washington, DC + flexible remote work
- Employee status: Full-time. This position lasts at minimum through November 2020 with the potential to stay on.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Health care: 100% employer-paid
Wavelength Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈