Maya Character Rigger
1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: Anywhere
DreamView is seeking a Maya Character Rigger to create 3D character rigs and animation interface controls for skeletal motion systems and body/facial deformations. This person will design, develop, test, troubleshoot, maintain, and implement rigs for all aspects of VFX and 3D animation projects. Successful candidates must be knowledgeable in writing utility scripts and core software tools in order to streamline the character set up process.
This is a remote/telecommute position. The studio is 100% virtual and allows the applicant to work anywhere in the world!
- Implement animation control rigging systems for complex characters and props using Maya
- Works with the production team to create the desired animation controls and qualities for objects and characters
- Tests and troubleshoots animation controls, and makes adjustments as necessary throughout the production cycle as they arise
- Set up rigs for low and high-res characters
- Set up and rig character models
- Work with animators to design, create, and maintain animation rigs for characters that are clean, efficient, and animation friendly
- Design user interfaces and controls for characters and facial animation systems (bone and blend shape driven)
- Maintain and improve the current animation pipeline
- Maintain a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high-quality work
- Receives direction from leadership, and troubleshoot and wrangle character-rigging issues
- Background or experience in fine art accompanied by a thorough understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, and form highly desired
- Strong knowledge of Maya is required
- Experience with Python, Mel, C++, and 3ds Max is a plus
- Experience delivering complete milestone/tasks under tight deadlines is desired
- An eye for detail and excellent organizational skills
- Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to adopt and learn in-house tools and workflows
- Solid knowledge of human/animal anatomy
DreamView Studios was founded by veteran CGI visionaries with 100+ years combined experience in creating CGI & Visual Effects for blockbuster movies, AAA games, commercials, and eCommerce products, hailing from companies such as Disney, Industrial Light & Magic, Pixar, and Electronic Arts.
The DreamView™ cloud platform and production services help businesses create, manage, and distribute photoreal and Augmented Reality CGI products and media for eCommerce sites, marketing initiatives, consumer experiences, and more. Virtual products, lifestyle scenes, and video creation is not only faster and less costly than traditional set design and layout, but also provides infinitely reusable 3D CGI assets and media. The company's proprietary platform and process facilitates streamlined product development and visualization, and is globally scalable.
DreamView's team is completely virtual with employees across the globe. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, unlimited time-off, massive growth opportunities, and a supportive and knowledgeable team to facilitate your success.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈