3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
What We Do
Swimply is an online marketplace that allows owners of underutilized swimming pools to monetize their pools’ downtime by sharing them locally by the hour. Think Airbnb, but for swimming pools.
How We Started
Swimply was founded by Bunim Laskin in 2019. As the eldest of 12 siblings and lacking resources for his family to escape the heat, Bunim thought of offering his neighbor financial assistance in exchange for some pool time. Before long, others in the community cut similar deals with her and she was turning a handsome profit. The rest is history.
Our mission is to extend the sharing economy beyond the functional to the experiential. We will do this by building an authentic community-driven marketplace that democratizes access and enhances quality of life for the average family. Our current focus is on swimming pools but we will incrementally expand the platform to include all kinds of underutilized spaces (so long as they’re awesome).
We believe that ownership can be smarter, better, and more meaningful. Helping owners earn an income from their underutilized assets reduces the financial anxiety of ownership and simultaneously fosters community.
We envision a world in which anyone, anywhere, can access anything with the tap of a button -from their very own tennis court or swimming pool to home gyms and even music studios - regardless of their economic status.
Where We Are Now
Swimply experienced incredible rapid growth (4,000% YoY), largely driven by customer love, word-of-mouth and robust media coverage. In just the last six months, over 3,000 pools have been listed in the US, over 45,000 transactions have been completed (up from 1,000 transactions in 2019), and over 200,000 swimmers have enjoyed a stranger's pool.
Swimply is looking for a talented, ambitious, and uber-creative Marketing/Communications Designer to support cross-departmental design needs. As the Marketing/Communication Designer, you will use your creative eye and technical prowess to extend campaigns through all communication channels while maintaining consistent brand standards.
- Collaborate with design leadership and cross-functional stakeholders to evolve, expand, and maintain the design direction of the Swimply visual brand for a large range of marketing design needs (emails, newsletters, display ads, banners, landing pages, brochures, flyers, print marketing, sales collateral, events & installations, sales decks).
- Create compelling brand stories and engaging experiences that drive measurable business goals.
- Define and manage the creation of all the visual assets required to deliver marketing campaigns, as listed above.
- Brainstorm & build scalable design solutions – such as reusable components and templates – for marketing assets, listed above.
- Preserve and contribute to brand standards and guidelines to help build brand awareness, position, reputation & equity.
- Take part in the end-to-end design process contributing to the production, reviewing and iterating of our brand & product ecosystems.
- 3+ years of production, marketing, and or print design experience
- Proficient visual designer
- You are a hands-on maker, with the skills to effectively communicate concepts, direction, and decisions with the team and with external partners
- Experience with asset optimization for various platforms and mediums
- Experience working with both product and brand design systems
- Thrives in a fast-paced (sometimes ambiguous) environment
- Proficiency in the following design tools: Figma, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Strong track record independently delivering work as well as influencing the work of other designers, contractors, and agencies
- A passion for marketplaces and the sharing economy, Swimply host or guest a big plus
Our company is fully remote, and we're assembling a team of extraordinary talent to build our community-driven marketplace. We aim to deliver meaningful income to hosts and create more happiness in the world for local communities.
It's an excellent time to join because
- You’ll be getting in on the ground floor to make a key impact at a consumer marketplace startup that is experiencing rocket ship growth
- You’ll be part of a team that is mission-driven, works hard, plays hard (generally in and around swimming pools, sunglasses), and is in service to our community of hosts and guests
- You'll receive Swimply credits for free swims for you, family, and friends to experience our customer journey first hand!
- While this is a freelance and part-time role, if you outperform, there will be opportunities to move full-time and receive benefits (medical, dental, life insurance) and career advancement opportunities
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈