Lead User Experience Designer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: UK Only
Bit Zesty is a digital service design and development agency working primarily in healthcare, government and charity sectors.
This initial contract is for one particular project but has the potential to be extended to other projects and clients or even a permanent role.
We are looking for someone who can lead our clients' UX Design projects independently and be the main client contact. You will be an experienced UX Lead; be passionate about UX best practices and inclusive design (ideally have GDS related experience). You will be able to quickly build rapport and trust with clients. You will be analytical as well as creative and will prefer a mix of strategic as well as hands-on work.
You will be reporting to the MD, who is also our Head of UX and Service Design, and working alongside our Head of Delivery to:
- Oversee the entire project from a UX perspective.
- Facilitate remote stakeholder workshops.
- Create user journey maps, service blueprints.
- Sketch and wireframe.
- Present work to the clients and effectively handle objections.
- Work to tight deadlines and within the agreed budget
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience as a lead-level User Experience Designer.
- Is educated to a university degree level, preferably in a UX or IT related subject.
- Has experience working on complex software systems.
- Has experience overseeing User Research.
- Has experience of creating user flows and wireframing.
- Follows the best UX practices, ensuring that the outputs are accessible, ideally has worked following GDS practices.
- Preferably, has an appreciation for visual design and can provide design direction (not essential).
You would love working with us if you are:
- Passionate about good UX and inclusive design, with an appreciation of NNG & GDS practices.
- An analytical and creative thinker, who enjoys problem-solving and learning new industries as well as complex domains.
- Pragmatic - empathetic with the users, but considerate of organisational needs.
- Comfortable working on multiple projects at the same time, under time pressure and within budget constraints.
- Are able to take the initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Great communicator - collaborative, diplomatic and persuasive.
What do we offer in return?
- Work from home opportunities (beyond the COVID-19 lockdown).
- The opportunity to work with an innovative, collaborative, user-focused team that is committed to quality.
- A short-term initial brief with the potential to extend or turn into a permanent position.
- Competitive daily rate depending on relevant experience and working arrangements.
Are you interested? Please send us your CV and portfolio. Even if your portfolio is not ready, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈