Lead Product Designer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
At Two Bulls we look at the landscape of emerging technology and create innovative products that become tomorrow’s solutions. We are a band of roughly 100 people with offices in Australia and New York as well as fully remote employees.
We ship early and we ship often, believing that experiences are better off in the hands of real people than on a whiteboard. We develop strategy, design, and systems in-house as fully integrated teams. We work with companies big and small to solve problems across industries from health to games, building everything from mobile apps to Mixed Reality experiences.
Some of our most recent projects include: an equity based best of job search support site providing tailored tasks to steer job seekers towards applying for meaningful work, a wellness recommendation tool for pet owners, and creating a robust, modular, and evolving design system for a boutique financial institution.
Two Bulls is growing! We are currently seeking a Lead Designer to join our team. We’re looking for the type of person that lives and breathes user-centric design, but can elevate the creative offering of the company. As a Lead Designer at Two Bulls, you will work autonomously on complete projects. You will work closer than ever with cross-disciplinary squads to create best-in-class products.
- You make great digital products. The tools are simply an extension of your ability to create useful, usable and delightful products for real people.
- You lead by example and are autonomous. You are a self-starter who walks the talk. You frequently mentor and empower other team members, even if they’re not a designer. You work best with someone to lean on for support but don’t require guidance every step of the way.
- You know your audience. You can quickly produce a variety of concepts and prototypes; you know when to utilize pixel-perfection and when to apply sketches that get the concept across.
- You’re scrappy and resourceful by nature. You use what/who you have around you to test assumptions so you can make better products.
- You are fearless. To you, failure is about learning and improving. Your scars have honed your instinct, which you use to your advantage today.
- You are a brilliant communicator. You clearly articulate your opinions and can explain complex ideas to a five-year-old.
- You are familiar with agile. Most notably working in sprints and iterative delivery you also understand why things like agile and lean are necessary aspects of creating great products.
- You are a team player. To you, creativity is a team sport. Collaboration is something that comes naturally to you. You do not have an ego. You support an open, transparent, safe, and inclusive work environment where diversity is encouraged and valued.
- Above all, you’re great to be around.
- 6+ years of digital product experience. Ideally you have worked on and shipped a product end-to-end
- Prior experience in a client-facing role. Experience taking feedback, guiding clients to appropriate solutions and gathering requirements
- Exceptional UI/UX chops and solid graphic design skills
- Your work as a designer extends beyond designing screens. You’re comfortable running a workshop, know what a journey map is, and are comfortable leading product discussions with key stakeholders
- Ability to work with design research. You can help shape research activities and translate findings into design output
- Can work with more junior designers to mentor them, and help inform their work as it pertains to a larger project
- You are able to help break down and scope a feature while keeping an eye to the larger project vision Your own area of passion and focus i.e. Motion, Strategy, Design Systems, illustration.
Two Bulls will provide you with a small company work culture, big company clients, and the ability to work on cutting-edge projects. We nurture sustainable work practices and we strive to provide a positive, inclusive work environment. We have a fantastic crossover of people early in their career and seasoned professionals, young families and individuals.
- Busy life? We get it! Although we are all currently working from home due to Covid, we are always flexible with working hours and time off.
- A monthly Grubhub credit to keep you going.
- Monthly Wellness reimbursement to cover your mind and body.
- $250 to setup your remote workspace.
- Want to go to an event or learn something? We’ll pay for it.
- #birthdaysoff — treat yourself. You deserve it
Two Bulls embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable interview experience for you, please let us know.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈