Lead Product Designer
4 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
LawnStarter is a marketplace that makes outdoor home services easy for homeowners while helping small businesses succeed. We've raised $25 million in venture funding and are growing fast. Are you a driven product designer interested in helping give millions of American’s the freedom to spend time on what truly matters?
Working at LawnStarter offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in the home services space in an environment that’s fun, collaborative, and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about innovation and aren't afraid to show it.
What you’ll do:
- We want you to be a driving force in gathering insights into our users’ needs, behaviors, and intentions by using different user research methodologies at every step of the process to ensure we’re solving the right problems with the right solutions.
- You’ll work quickly and iteratively to design innovative solutions for new features and improvements to our rapidly growing platform.
- You’ll design consistent experiences across multiple devices and help develop new processes to optimize the role of design within the organization. You’ll also articulate the strategy behind your work and map decisions to specific objectives.
- You’ll develop detailed concepts, responsive design, prototypes, and UX patterns to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- You have excellent communication skills and can provide a strong rationale for all your solutions and recommendations
- You can work autonomously and effectively prioritize your time.
What we're looking for:
We’re looking for a talented and experienced Leader / Product Designer with a passion for solving problems and creating engaging experiences. You’ll have strong conceptual thinking skills and the ability to understand customer needs, motivations, and behaviors and how to translate them into interfaces.
You’ll also have experience creating information architecture and solving complex workflows for a variety of audiences. You'll have at least eight years of experience designing dynamic experiences and a proven record of meeting user and business goals.
Please send your CV along with your portfolio detailing your specific input on the design for each product/project presented. We should be able to recognize your design sense, your UX reasoning and your project presentation should be clear.
What makes this role special
1 - One Team, One Heart
We believe the most significant part of any work environment is the team. That’s why we have spent a massive amount of time finding humble, hungry, and smart folks that you will get to work with every single day. That’s a huge part of the reason LawnStarter received the best places to work in 2018, 2019, 2020 award from the Austin-American Statesman.
2 - Growth
We have a small, tight-knit engineering team willing to give responsibility to anyone that is hungry, humble, and smart. You’ll have opportunities to own large portions of our technical direction for new features, and larger projects. You’ll get to work with a team of passionate engineers who are eager to share our knowledge and experience, and also learn from yours.
3 - High-Performance Distributed Team Environment
We are a diverse and distributed team which are passionate about the empowerment to deliver daily value to our users. We have built our core business with great unit economics and efficiency. What does that mean? Well, that allows us the opportunity to solve new and exciting challenges building innovation leading the market segment we are in. Put simply, we have unique problems being solved in a fast-paced environment but are extremely stable and able to continue investing in the future.
We are working to be the largest outdoor home services company in the world. You in?
LawnStarter is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈