Lead Product Designer
5 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Dharma is the easiest place to save in dollars on the Internet — from anywhere in the world.
With Dharma, you can take your local currency — pesos, rupees, yuan, or dollars — upload it to the Internet and watch it grow in real time.
The innovation that lets us do this is a recent advance in cryptocurrency technology known as a stablecoin — a cryptocurrency pegged to the US Dollar. With the backing of the leading cryptocurrency companies like Coinbase and Polychain, we’re on an exciting mission to deliver radically transparent financial services that “can’t be evil” to any Internet-connected individual in the world.
This role is remote, but we are a small resourceful team located in SOMA (near Montgomery BART) in San Francisco.
At Dharma, you’ll be designing at the forefront of an entirely new industry. Just like the researchers at Xerox Parc who dreamt up the computer mouse in the 1970’s – you have the opportunity to quite literally invent and introduce new user patterns that outlive and outshine you. You won’t be piecing together building blocks from a design system, and spending your time working in the tight confines that upper management creates for you. You’ll be rebuilding the entire financial industry from scratch, on the internet. The way it was always meant to be. You’ll have the chance to get weird. Money shouldn’t be boring – it should be fun. You’ll get to define exactly what it is, how it works, how it feels and how it looks.
- Product people who have taste and value design
- Front end engineers who can execute UI flawlessly
- A marketing team who are willing to get weird
- Inventing user patterns for the future of money
- Abstracting away the complexities of cryptocurrency
- Crafting engaging stories across our marketing campaigns and website
- Developing intuitive and delightful interactions in our product
- Pushing our brand and UI style forward constantly
- 3+ years of experience of design across digital platforms like web and mobile
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, required
- The ability to work across both Brand and Product
- You’re comfortable working in an early stage team, and can navigate the velocity of low-information environments
- You can observe, analyze, question, and conceptualize
- You are in touch with current design methodologies and trends
- Ability to work closely with engineers, and other team members to ensure your work is implemented perfectly
- A deep understanding of visual design, typography, grid systems and color theory
- You’re comfortable using Figma as the primary design tool
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio.
Skills in 3D, Illustration, or Animation.
- Lunch brought in twice a week
- Unlimited PTO
- Commuter benefit
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
To the best of our knowledge this position has no geo-restriction.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈