(Junior) Art Director
Duke & Duck
3 days ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Duke & Duck is seeking a talented and motivated visual storyteller to join our team as a fully remote Junior Art Director. Working closely with our talented producers, artists and creative leads, the Junior Art Director will assist on a wide range of projects. We’re looking for someone who can convey emotion through illustration and has a passion for bringing images to life through motion. In this role, you'll be executing the pre-production phases of an animated project. This includes developing visual concepts, storyboards, and designing style frames for animation.
Our studio started 11 years ago in Washington, D.C. with a simple mission: make beautiful things, tell stories that are worth telling, and make a difference. And we’ve succeeded! We work with some of the biggest non-profits and brands and (for some reason) they keep coming back for more. Help us make the world just a little bit more colorful and joyous with your artistic vision. We're excited to meet you.
More than a specific set of experiences, we're looking for someone who is passionate about design in motion and about telling stories with video. If your portfolio makes that passion clear, go ahead and click "Apply" right now.
- Collaborate with creative leads to craft the artistic vision of a project
- Develop a project’s visual concept, storyboards, and style frames for animation
- Have an active role in the production process from start to finish to ensure continuity and artistic quality
- Create pitch decks
- Communicate effectively and clearly with our team and our client partners
- Must enjoy remote work. We have been fully remote as of March 2020, so this is critical
- 2-3+ years of industry experience
- A portfolio that conveys a knowledge of motion design, animation asset file preparation, and storyboarding.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite (primarily Photoshop & Illustrator)
- The ability to design and illustrate in broad range of styles
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable with fast turnarounds
- The desire to tell stories that matter, and to leave the world a better place than you found it
- Animation skills are a plus, but not required
The biggest benefit is our chance to do something wonderful together. To be a part of a team making art for a living, and hang out with people who feel the same way you do about telling amazing stories.
Our official benefits include:
- Fully remote team
- Supportive environment
- Health, dental, vision, and 401(k) plans
- Opportunity to grow your network and meet awesome people
- Matching donation program to amplify your personal philanthropy
- We'll support you in any way we can to help you learn and hone your craft!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈