Head of Product Design
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
We are seeking a talented, mid to senior-level product designer to work closely with PM and Engineering to architect our product experience and brand. The ideal candidate will be a practicing UX/Product designer and leader.
At the start, you will take ownership of SS product design from start to finish, ensuring design and delivery of a top-notch, consistent, user-centered experience. You will serve as chief user advocate and user-centered design evangelist within the team, establishing and educating on product design practice, process, and standards - instilling design thinking into our software design process.
As the product and team grow, you will take on more leadership responsibilities. As Head of Design, you will grow, manage, and cultivate your team of designers, providing insight into business and product challenges, and direction in how these considerations are best balanced with user needs, and having a seat at the table in shaping the future of the business and product.
What are we looking for:
- An exceptional problem solver with a strong curiosity and drive.
- A T-shaped designer, with the breadth and depth of skills to comfortably take on UI/UX, visual design/branding, and user research/testing in the initial growth stage, while also poised to manage and grow their own team once the time is right.
- Experienced working in a startup environment, comfortable taking on a breadth of design responsibilities based on need, being agile and pragmatic in design planning and decision making, and understanding the importance of working with the team to balance, user, product, and technical requirements and constraints.
- A true team player with positive and fun energy, who actively seeks out feedback, and iterates quickly.
- As our first design hire, you will own all aspects of the product experience, collaborating with PM to map and iterate on the user experience, creating low fi interim assets to final production-ready visual design assets and animations. You will partner with Engineering to ensure technical feasibility and performance, and seamless front end implementation.
- Lead product design practice, process, and philosophy
- Transition to leadership and management role when the company and product expands.
- 5+ years product design experience
- Experience designing SaaS enterprise products
- Experience working within a fast-paced, agile startup environment
- Full-stack design skills, able to take on (guerrilla) user research and testing, competitive/comparative research, conceptual design/IA (wireframing), visual design and branding.
- Proven experience tackling a diversity of devices and platforms, i.e. web, native mobile, desktop apps, browser extensions, 3rd party software plug-ins, etc.
- Experience delivering elegant solutions to complex problems
- Advanced usage of standard wireframing, design, and prototyping tools, i.e. Sketch, Zeplin, Keynote, Adobe CC, Invision, etc.
- Experience with design for Sales workflows [i.e. CRM, Support or anything related].
- Aptitude for data visualisation and Machine Learning.
- Established prototyping/animation skills or strong desire to learn
- Enough understanding of CSS/HTML to be able to work with engineering to get front-end designs pixel perfect.
Things we admire in a coworker
- Proven aptitude in building consensus, resolving conflict, solving tough business problems, and rolling up your sleeves to do whatever needs to be done.
- A true "team player" mentality with positive and fun energy, who actively seeks out feedback, and iterates quickly.
- Strong communication skills, comfort in front of senior groups, and accountability for action items.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties
Why you’ll love SetSail
- Join an AI company that is pioneering a new way to sell
- 100% remote team with an onboarding package to help get you setup.
- Generous benefits: Health/dental/vision coverage (Anthem Blue Cross PPO, Spirit Ameritas dental and Spirit VSP vision), and we cover 95% of employee cost and 80% of any dependent cost, company 401k.
- Equitable company equity.
- Flexible time off and one Friday a month off to reboot.
- Monthly food and snack stipend to keep you energized.
- Company game nights -- bring your A-game!
- We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈