Head of Product Design
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
- Define the holistic and future-facing vision for Skillshare along Product leadership, ensuring alignment and consensus around product design.
- Be the voice of the user. You’ll evangelize user-focused design across the organization in stakeholder meetings and ensure we’re building an experience our users love across platforms.
- Build, manage, and scale the Skillshare product design team. You’ll grow and mentor a well-rounded team across strengths, disciplines, and seniority. You’ll define clear goals and empower them to work collaboratively and autonomously, while delivering thoughtful and impactful designs.
- Streamline and develop internal design processes, including user testing and research, wireframing, prototyping, workflows, storyboarding, design critiques, and more. You’ll ensure the team’s workflows are allowing them to deliver their best work and set up to scale.
- Build strong partnerships and cross-team workflows with product, engineering, data, brand, marketing, and community teams to ensure we’re aligned on initiatives and delivering an engaging, user-focused product.
- Cultivate a culture of innovation that welcomes new ideas. You’ll work closely with product stakeholders to improve product releases and push the boundaries of design.
- You are an industry leader in consumer-driven product design, and have the portfolio and track record to match. You’ve spent a significant amount of time leading product design in-house for marketplace companies.
- You are the champion of the user. You evangelize the importance of designing a user-focused product and are fluent in user research best practices as a foundation for larger design workflows.
- You’re a magnet for talent and have experience scaling teams at small and large organizations.
- You’re a strong manager with a track record of developing and retaining talent. You know how to empower and inspire teams to do their best work, while cultivating a culture of growth and learning.
- You’re a big picture, strategic thinker who thinks outside the box – but knows how to start small. You know how to convey your vision (both short and long term), articulate tradeoffs, get stakeholder buy-in, and ultimately execute.
- You’re a great communicator and cross-functional collaborator. You naturally build relationships across the organization and ensure alignment across the board.
- You have a strong design aesthetic with experience leading design across multiple platforms. You know how to prioritize initiatives and work towards feature parity.
- Impact: You’ll have the opportunity to build a world-class product design function at a scaling company that values collaboration and innovation.
- Our team: There aren’t many venture-backed startups with high growth rates, a strong platform and subscription-driven business model, AND a powerful social impact. On top of that, our team is passionate, talented, and driven.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈