Head of Design
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
PicassoMD is working to improve our healthcare system by connecting primary care providers with specialists to better collaborate on patient care. Through our mobile apps, PicassoMD facilitates more appropriate triaging of patients, seamless transition of care, and ongoing coordination. The result is a reduction in unnecessary referrals and ER visits and better patient experience and outcomes.
PicassoMD was founded by physicians and entrepreneurs with a track record of building successful companies.
Head of Design Role
As the first full time design hire, you will be responsible for building PicassoMD’s design and user experience functions from the ground up.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Working directly with the founding team to leverage design to help achieve our ambitious growth and engagement goals
- Creating simple, delightful, and cohesive experiences across the entire user journey
- Establishing the design systems for our mobile apps and web app
- Designing visuals to support our sales and marketing initiatives
- Measuring and monitoring user engagement and optimizing key interactions
- Conducting user research and testing to support design decisions
- Over time, growing and managing our design and user experience team
We are looking for the perfect combination of talent, experience, and cultural fit. Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of UI/UX design experience, with 2+ years designing for cross-platform mobile apps
- A proven track record of overcoming complex challenges with beautiful, simple, and engaging designs and unrelenting attention to detail
- Extensive experience conducting user research, A/B testing, and analyzing usage data
- Mastery of prototyping tools and creating beautiful, functional, responsive designs
- Working knowledge of HTML5/CSS
- Strong desire to be a player-coach - you love designing but also know how to build a diverse, high-performing team
- An affinity to our company values and eagerness to be part of a team that embraces them
You must be authorized to work in the United States. We prefer candidates in the Washington, DC area, but are open to remote work anywhere in the U.S.
PicassoMD is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees.
In addition to your salary and annual bonus, PicassoMD offers:
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
- Equity in PicassoMD (all employees are owners and you’ll be treated as such)
- Half day Fridays, year round
Our company values are designed to make working at PicassoMD the best job you’ll ever have:
- Take Ownership - we provide trust, transparency, and agency and in turn expect accountability and responsibility
- Learn Constantly - we embrace a growth mindset, are curious and open-minded, seek constant improvement, experiment and “fail fast”
- The Best Idea Wins - We encourage everyone to contribute ideas and use data to make decisions
- Health and Balance - we promote healthy living and balance with our non-work lives
- Be Good to Each Other - we are positive, encouraging, respectful, grateful and givin
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈