Head of Design
8 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Almanac's mission is to take the work out of work. We're building a web-based operating system for critical business processes that helps teams save time and focus on the work that matters.
In the past decade, engineering and software development went from closed, siloed systems of organization and collaboration to collaborative systems, powered by the architecture of the internet. Design is going through the same transition now. We intend to bring the same form of single-platform collaboration to everyone else.
That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a Head of Design to lead the development of a product that will help people be their best selves at work.
At Almanac, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.
At Almanac, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions and the status quo. Join us.
As Head of Design, you'll be responsible for realizing Almanac’s design-oriented value proposition. We’re looking for a passionate, seasoned designer who wants to take a big swing and make a big impact.
You will drive the design of our ambitious roadmap, perfecting our core features while testing new ideas and expanding customer functionality. You’ll play a critical role in creating our brand voice and standards and supervising the production of marketing assets, like our website and customer communications. And you’ll help us build out a top-tier design team that becomes our secret weapon and the envy of our competitors.
- Lead the design of Almanac’s core product around version control & revision management
- Manage our team of product and brand designers leads to meet our business demands and employee development needs
- Work with Almanac’s leadership to determine our design and brand direction
- Contribute to our company’s strategy, and set the monthly objectives and results for the design team
- Collaborate with our product development and engineering teams to produce stunning, effective product interfaces and interactions
We're looking for someone with 5-8 years of design work at a Series A-C startup with:
- Products with a lot of information density or data complexity
- Team-based collaboration features or experiences
- Bottoms-up / consumer-oriented value propositions and experiences
- An uncompromising obsession with high-quality work
- An ability to think for yourself
- Willingness to be both an effective individual contributor and inspiring manager
- Versatility across product and brand design
- A love of detailed, continuous feedback that makes the work better
- Desire to always move fast and prioritize speed over scope
- Hunger to build a world-changing product
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- Helping a small company grow 30%+ month-over-month
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery
- Sign-up for Almanac & create your account. Learn more here
- Complete the form below. Be sure to include the link to your Almanac Profile.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈