1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: Anywhere
We are Paper Culture.
We believe that Climate Change is the greatest crisis facing our planet. We could yell and scream, but instead, we decided to create Paper Culture to inspire people to action. We sell products (holiday cards, birth announcements, wedding invitations, and gifts) through our e-commerce store that we hope inspire people: both because of their design beauty and their mission to save the planet. With each order, we plant a tree. Together with our customers, we've planted over 1,000,000 trees to date. We're looking for people who understand that progress starts with baby steps, but that many baby steps equal a movement. We are Paper Culture and hope you want to be as well! www.paperculture.com.
You are a fearless explorer who loves to learn. You believe in our mission, love our products, and are passionate about editorial design, typography, and a modern aesthetic.
About the Graphic Design contract.
Ours is a design driven business and we maintain a very large catalog of designs (for cards, wall art and other fun printed products), and we publish hundreds of designs each year.
We are looking for graphic designers interested in taking on project work to design stationery, invitations, and wall art.
- You will work with our in-house Creative Team who will present a creative brief
- You will work independently to create design concepts
- The Creative Team will provide feedback to refine the concepts optimizing for innovation, design trends, typography, and impact
- A degree in graphic design or similar
- 1-5 years work experience in graphic design required (in house or agency)
- Ability to quickly translate design direction into design solutions
- Ability to creating quality design and at the same time being able to explain why it's great
- Demonstrate ownership on all assigned projects, and follow through on all phases of production
- Thorough and detail-oriented
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite, mainly Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop and Figma
- Great understanding of typography, editorial design, or book design
- Remote position can be anywhere in the world
- Compensation will be project based
- Incredible personal satisfaction from being a part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team (really, we're not kidding, that's the best part!)
Direct Candidates only. No agency referrals accepted.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈