2 months ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: Anywhere
DreamView is looking for an experienced Game Designer to join us on a contract / consulting part-time basis. This role will work closely with our digital strategy team on a per-project basis to create gaming concepts and mechanics to further define IP properties currently in development.
This is a remote/telecommute position. The studio is 100% virtual and allows the applicant to work anywhere.
- Collaborate with a Product Strategy & Creative to help define vision and gameplay mechanics for the project
- Tune and balance gameplay mechanics for final implementation
- Create detailed documentation for designers and developers to execute on the vision
- Help evangelize and communicate the vision to the team
- Collaborate with the Design team on developing, building, tuning, and documenting gameplay mechanics to final quality
- Work with art and programming disciplines to achieve project goals
- Ensure a high level of quality in all aspects of your work;
- Take initiative in problem-solving and collaborating as needed to facilitate effective resolutions
- 2 to 3 years experience as a game designer;
- Shipped at least 1 title as a game designer;
- Experience fine-tuning a complex gameplay system including levels, points systems, rewards, repeat engagement, and tokenomics
- Demonstrable expertise in-game mechanics design and tuning
- Experience with Word, Excel, Google Suite, Photoshop
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate ideas clearly
- Ability to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks
- A naturally self-driven demeanor, taking initiative when needed – demonstrated ability to work independently
- Willingness to push the envelope and innovate within game parameters
- Passion about gaming and striving to improve the quality of games
- A hunger for new, different, and exciting design challenges
DreamView Studios was founded by veteran CGI visionaries with 100+ years combined experience in creating CGI & Visual Effects for blockbuster movies, AAA games, commercials, and eCommerce products, hailing from companies such as Disney, Industrial Light & Magic, Pixar, and Electronic Arts.
The DreamView™ cloud platform and production services help businesses create, manage, and distribute photoreal and Augmented Reality CGI products and media for eCommerce sites, marketing initiatives, consumer experiences, and more. Virtual products, lifestyle scenes, and video creation is not only faster and less costly than traditional set design and layout but also provide infinitely reusable 3D CGI assets and media. The company's proprietary platform and process facilitates streamlined product development and visualization and is globally scalable.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈