Freelance Digital Designer
4 weeks ago
Job type: Freelance
Hiring from: Anywhere
- We run online advocacy and fundraising campaigns. Great big ones you read about in the news and tiny ones you’ve never heard of that are saving lives. Lots of politically progressive groups — Planned Parenthood, League of Conservation Voters, PETA, etc. Cultural organizations we love, like the American Museum of Natural History. And many causes that are working in the most dire situations in the world such as the American Red Cross and Oxfam America.
- Day-to-day, we’re figuring out how to recruit supporters, influence policy, raise money, hold corporations accountable, make the most of news moments, and leave no idea unconsidered that might engage regular people in the world around them.
- Critical to our success is clean, compelling, cutting-edge, user-centered design. That’s where you come in.
- Build out small and large campaigns.
- Create and edit digital graphics such as display banners, social media ads (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat), landing pages, lightboxes, emails, and quizzes.
- Create concept sketches, wireframes, prototypes, mockups, and style guides.
- 5+ years of digital design experience.
- Ability to edit existing video and experience creating motion graphics, especially for social media platforms.
- Strong understanding of UI and UX.
- Mastery of programs such as: Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Invision.
- Great eye with colors, layout and typography.
- Ability to work and talk through designs with the development team.
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and user-centered design trends.
- Experience working with staff that are not designers - you can translate their requirements into a compelling design that meets the needs of our clients, while also staying true to design best practices.
- Have created ads using HTML5.
- Have worked for nonprofits, electoral campaigns, and/or other issue campaigns.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈