Freelance Animator (LEO Learning)
1 month ago
Job type: Freelance
Hiring from: UK Only
We are looking for creative and versatile 2D freelance motion graphics designers to join our contract books to help us cover busy periods.
You will be responsible for storyboarding and building a range of stand-alone animations and full motion videos that incorporate visual effects. If you understand how to follow a creative brief, turn it into high quality motion, illustration and character design that works across a range of animation and video styles then this could suit you.
You will be proficient in Adobe After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop, have a strong understanding of audio and able to deliver high quality visuals using a broad range of techniques including character design, hand drawn and vector illustration, photographic manipulation and typography.
A few more details on what the contract jobs may involve
- Designing and creating engaging motion graphics for video deliverables
- Storyboarding animations to a high level of finish following a written script
- Understanding the Art Direction, and apply these styles to the motion/character designs
- Adding effects/elements/motion graphics to existing video content
- Creating video composites, keying, rotoscoping
- Syncing animation to audio
- Sourcing music
- Working to the metrics set out by the Lead Animator / Moving Image Manager
- Ensuring work is accurate and completed on time
- Keeping the Project Manager and relevant creative lead fully informed on progress
- Communicating any time savings in advance to the team
- Delivering a first-class customer service experience at all times
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Strong illustration skills
- Adaptable to different styles of animation (e.g. 2.5D, talk and draw, motion graphics, kinetic text, character animation)
- Solid understanding of traditional animation; design techniques; composition, green screen tracking and typography
- Excellent ability to take a script and translate into a visual storyboard
- Good ability in syncing animation to audio and sourcing music when required
- Good understanding of typography and layout
- Good understanding and application of brand guidelines
- Good standard of spelling and grammar
- Have a keen eye for quality and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Basic understanding of MS Office tools (PowerPoint, Word)
We are a market leader who does transformational work with our clients and we're recognised as a Global Leader in Digital Learning by Fosway. Alongside being listed in the Training Industry Top 20 Content Development companies and Top 20 Training Outsourcing companies, we win plenty of awards. Most recently in 2020, our award-winning work includes a Gold Brandon Hall award for Best Use of Blended Learning, and the award for Best Game-Based Solution at Demofest.
Our people are our first priority, so the safety and security of our staff is always top of the agenda. As such, our lovely offices are currently closed until next year, but we have active virtual social events, coaching and mentoring, and a dedicated internal Learning & Development team.
Everyone makes a difference to what we do and we encourage everyone to use their voices. We run listening groups/pulse surveys, have Employee Resource (Affinity) Groups which ensures the continuous development of making our overall workplace and working environments (whether in the office or at home) more inclusive and enjoyable for all!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈