Experienced Visual Designer - UI/UX
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Top Class Visual Designer Needed to Support Natural Health Company’s Evolution (in-office or remote)
AlgaeCal is undergoing a complete rebrand! That’s why we need a top-notch visual designer to work their creative genius:
- Updating the design of our website’s 1147 pages, sales pages and more
- Ensuring our advertising materials are on-brand and more visually compelling than ever before
- Breathing new life into print/downloadable assets like our informational product brochures, recipe eBook, and ingredient list PDFs (these assets are often the first point of contact for our readers, so we need them to positively scream quality)
But don’t think this is your run-of-the-mill ‘following orders’ design role.
We need someone who has creative hands and a creative mind. Someone who can think outside the box and conjure their own visions to elevate our entire brand and help us create a compelling user experience. Your ideas and designs have to really resonate with prospects, and make them feel as though they trust and know our brand… enough to make them relate to and become brand ambassadors for our life-changing products!
It’s a big challenge. But it’s an exciting one. And the challenge comes with ample opportunities.
The opportunity to work alongside and learn from a team of work-hard, play-hard professionals who’ve grown our company 10x in the last 5 years. The opportunity to advance your personal growth by attending conferences and VIP marketing events. And the opportunity to genuinely change people’s lives every single day. Here’s how…
What Do We Do?
AlgaeCal is one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies! The reason for that growth? We offer something no other company has: a natural, clinically-supported solution to bone loss.
Bone scans show we’re actually helping women and men struggling with bone loss to increase their bone density. Quite a feat when you consider “traditional wisdom” says increasing bone density with natural supplementation isn’t possible! But we need help creating a more unified, compelling brand experience to reach more people than ever before. That’s where you come in!
What Will You Do?
Every day at AlgaeCal presents exciting challenges to test your skills. Every day gives you the chance to genuinely help people overcome bone loss. And every day brings opportunities to work with team members who care as much for you as they do our customers.
You can work from our office in Vancouver’s exciting Mount Pleasant, or from the comfort of your own home (after a two week training period in the office); we just ask that you work to our hours of 8am - 4pm PST.
There isn’t a rigid job description for our employees and every day is different. But below is a taste of a day in the life working at AlgaeCal:
- Use Adobe’s creative suite to produce wireframes for new desktop and mobile web pages, and improve UX and UI design on existing pages.
- Create eye-catching advertising deliverables and graphic content that will captivate our current customers, and entice prospects on our various social channels.
- Collaborate with marketers and like-minded creatives to produce new design concepts, enhance our customer experience, and create engaging content that sticks with our audience.
- Communicate with our stellar development team to pass off your designs so they can go live, and more importantly, start changing lives!
- Share and receive feedback with your teammates to help you revise, adjust, and fine-tune existing assets to make them as strong as possible.
What Kind Of Person Will Crush It In This Role?
A Creative Person Who:
- Has proven experience (2+ years) in UX/UI applications and can create mockups and wireframes that a development team can use to build the final product. We’re looking for someone whose portfolio includes strong examples of UX/UI design principles and visual design skills with strong attention to detail (we’re not looking for a grasshopper here).
- Is a superstar graphic designer. You’ll need to knock our socks off with your grasp of typography, page layout, art direction, colour theory, and more.
- Can think outside the box and provide creative solutions to problems without being asked.
- Is proficient in Adobe Suite (XD, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects).
- Has a solid understanding of marketing/advertising techniques. After all, the content you create will have a specific purpose. It will be created for a specific stage of the customer journey and will have to complement the content a user will see before and after it.
- Can communicate their ideas to the rest of the team with clarity and not be afraid to ask for help when they need to.
- Is hungry to prove themselves, and continue to develop their skills working with the best in the business.
Plus, you need to be...
An Organized Person Who Can:
- Spot typos, spacing issues, widows, and colour balance irregularities before you pass on your work.
- Maintain and manage files in a structured format, adhering to standard naming conventions so that teammates can easily access your work.
Our Promise to Invest in You!
Our company is built on the mantra that top performers can customize their own future with us. And we invest in the training you need to build your career.
For example, we took a group of employees to a 3-day Anthony Robbins event in Chicago last year, and we will take another group soon too!
And we’ll fly you to Los Cabos, Mexico for a fully paid week of rubbing shoulders with the leaders who built this company to become one of the top 0.4% of all companies in North America. We believe that to “be your best, you need to hang out with the best.” And that’s exactly what you’ll do while enjoying the grandest beachfront hotel, delicious food, and fun adventures.
How do you know if you’re a person we invest in? Simple. You have these 4 qualities:
- You’re humble-- you put the team and others needs ahead of your own
- You’re hungry to learn more
- You’re people smart-- in the sense that you’re a great teammate
- You’ve proven competence in your work
The truth is, if you don’t have these qualities you won’t last long at AlgaeCal. So if you’re missing one of them, be honest. Save yourself a lot of headaches and skip to a job posting that is a better fit for you.
What Will You Earn?
Let’s agree on salary and vacation once we know what you offer, but our goal is to pay above the market rate for your unique skills.
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- $2000 flexible employee health benefits package
- Family style team lunches on Fridays with tasty, home-cooked organic food (When you visit the Vancouver Office)
- Annual team trip to Los Cabos, Mexico, and other team trips and events which you are eligible for after one year of employment. This amounts to another week of paid vacation plus we cover hotel, food, flights, and entertainment
How To Apply
So, do you have what it takes to become the next member of team AlgaeCal?
Job opportunities like this don’t come along often, and we’ve got a lot to offer our successful applicants. So, to make sure our future Visual Designer is the real-deal, will be a great fit, and will thrive at AlgaeCal, we ask a little more than your run-of-the-mill job application:
If this sounds like a position for you, please respond to this advertisement with your resume and cover letter. Please, read carefully:
1. Write a cover letter addressing:
- Why you're the best Visual Designer for this role. Give quantifiable examples of related achievements.
- Describe why you fit perfectly with our values. Read them here: http://screencast.com/t/w7BMMeqyVc
- What's the toughest challenge you’ve ever overcome in your life? How did you overcome it?
- What are the last three books you’ve read?
- What do you do for fun?
2. Explain what you’re doing now for a job:
- If you don’t have one, explain why.
- If you have one, explain why you’re looking elsewhere.
3. Upload your cover letter and resume:
- Ensure that your cover letter and resume are saved and sent as one file.
Yes, our hiring process is challenging, but it’s our way of selecting the best--and your way of ensuring your AlgaeCal teammates are tops.
Click the “Apply Now” button on this page and upload your cover letter and resume.
***Note: Please include your cover letter WITH your resume in one document.
Applications without a cover letter will not be read! Include the URL link to your personal website / portfolio****
We are looking to hire as soon as we find the right person, so act quickly and you can also expect a prompt response.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈