Director of Design
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
- Direct ownership of some parts of the product, you will be responsible for the design strategy, principles and stakeholder management for the design team
- Apply skills from design, user science, analytics and business acumen to identify customer and user problems.
- Apply the lens of design, strategy, user goals and Airbase purpose to address problems in the product.
- Evangelize and communicate the design plan and practices.
- Constantly raise the bar on design practices and collaboration with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with PMs, Engineers and Designers to arrive at the detailed solutions to problems.
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Success to understand and eliminate obstacles to adoption and usage.
- Work with PMs to plan launch scope.
- Ensure team health, hire world-class designers, career development, coaching and mentoring tailored to individual goals.
- Evolve and iterate design practices and apply good judgement when needed to violate them.
- Help Airbase evolve design practices for increasing scale, efficiency and customer value.
- Develop and share your rock solid understanding of customers and the business.
- Use data and research to define and articulate design goals that will be in line with overall product goals.
- Align stakeholders, PMs and others towards evolving design practices.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- You should have worked at a startup or started your own company that shipped a product and generated meaningful revenue.
- 10+ years of experience in a Design role. 3+ years experience managing other designers.
- You should have a track record of shipping high quality products and features and owning the process end-to-end.
- Experience designing modern web applications. Prior experience with a workflow driven B2B SaaS product is a big plus.
- Familiarity with modern UX/UI patterns.
- Attention to detail - great products are all about the details.
- Passionate about joining a small team and building a company.
- Experience in hiring, developing and managing a team of designers.
- Experience owning a large-scoped product.
- Experience of closely working with cross-functional teams outside the product team, such as Customer Success, Marketing, Sales.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈