Digital Visual Designer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Who We Are:
Barre3 is a fitness company with a revolutionary vision: to redefine what success in fitness means. Profiled for disrupting the industry in major media outlets such as How I Built This, Fast Company, Forbes, and Time, we have flipped the focus of fitness from attaining an imagined ideal driven by societal standards to being balanced in body and empowered from within—a radical shift that helps people create healthy relationships with their bodies and minds.
The foundation of our company—and the key to achieving our vision—is the barre3 class, a full-body balanced workout combining strength conditioning, cardio, and mindfulness. Taught in our 160+ studios across the U.S. and Canada and on our online platform, which has a streaming-subscriber base in 98+ countries, our class reaches hundreds of thousands of people. Launched just over 11 years ago, barre3 has already become one of the largest franchisors in the industry and has grown into a matrix organization with distinct and thriving units, including franchise, digital, retail, and retreat experience.
The Digital Visual Designer is an integral part of the Digital team, including UX, Product and Engineering, and is responsible for creating digital product designs that blend aesthetics, brand, and seamless functionality. The Digital Visual Designer will work on the website, marketing campaigns and barre3’s digital subscription product(s). This role will concept and execute digital design systems in partnership with the Senior UX Designer and review with the Creative and Digital Teams. The Digital Visual Designer knows the best practices of web and digital product design and will own the final user-facing visual designs for barre3’s digital presence.
This person is passionate about how design can be used to elevate and humanize digital experiences to best serve the users. This person is able to take abstract brand concepts and turn them into working style guides and design systems. The Digital Visual Designer must be able to think strategically and systematically so that future updates are easily accommodated into the flexible system they have created. This person is a champion for the user and understands how their final designs solve user problems.
BIPOC, People of color, People from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ are encouraged to apply. We believe that these communities and identities must be centered in the work we do.
In partnership with the Senior UX Designer, Director of Digital Products, Creative Director, and through a successful partnership with the product and tech teams, the Digital Visual Designer will…
Own and create the final design systems used across all barre3’s digital experiences.
- Creates style guides and design systems for barre3.com, barre3.com microsites, and for barre3’s digital subscription product(s) that will include elements, patterns, components, and templates.
- Implements and updates the style guides regularly.
- Ensures that the design systems ladder up to the overall barre3 brand guidelines.
- Continuously audits the website and products for any design inconsistencies.
- Creates systems that work responsively on different devices and platforms.
Translates the barre3 brand into functional visual designs.
- Ensures usability and accessibility of all designs.
- Hands off pixel perfect designs with specs to developers.
- Understands the user flow and functionality of all designs.
- Conceptually understands how designs translate into frontend code.
- Participates in the review process with the Creative Team, ensuring brand compliance and consistency across experiences.
- Takes direction and constructive feedback from stakeholders and iterates as needed.
- Understands the value of user testing and is familiar with surveying actual clients when necessary.
- Understanding of visual design, typography, design process, and user centered design.
- Experience working with tech, product, marketing, and creative teams.
- Self-starter with the ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment, without ever sacrificing the quality of the work.
- Problem solver with an ability to prioritize key customer needs.
- Detail-oriented and understands all components needed for a successful product launch.
- Knowledge of current trends in web/app design.
- Confident presence with clear storytelling and presentation capabilities.
- Ability to create simple and effective visual design solutions to complex customer problems.
- Maintains a calm presence under potentially stressful or high pressure situations.
- Proficiency in Adobe XD, Basecamp, Keynote, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- 2-3 years working as a visual designer with a portfolio of work.
Compensation and Remote Work: Competitive compensation + total rewards package. This position can be done remotely within the U.S. with the ability to travel on occasion as needed.
- Comprehensive Benefit Package - Medical, Dental, Vision, EAP, Life and 401K, Generous PTO package + paid holidays
- Complimentary studio membership for you and your partner, which includes unlimited barre3 classes in-studio and online
- 40% off barre3 retail products
- A flexible work schedule allows for a healthy work-life balance
- Mission drive and values-oriented company
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈