3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Foreign Policy is seeking a versatile digital designer and visual thinker to help build FP's identity across platforms. We're looking for someone at the intersection of design, technology, and media who knows how to relay information that draws people in and engages them to stay using clean, compelling visuals. You'll work closely with the creative director and our team of developers — in collaboration with analysts, editors, and writers — to craft the design and functionality of data-rich reports, navigational landing pages, and other onsite visuals. The role includes both responsive and static design for our growing research, events, podcast, and editorial divisions.
What you'll do:
• Web design and data visualization: Create digital mockups for ForeignPolicy.com with special emphasis on FP Analytics, our research and consulting division, and its clients, translating analyst reports and data into engaging, elegant, and informative designs for execution by our team of developers.
• Events materials creation: Design static materials for events that anticipate platform-specific needs for use onsite, on social media, and during events. (Experience producing assets for virtual or broadcast events is a bonus.)
• Brand vision: Iterate and improve FP's visual identity across divisions, including FP Analytics, events, podcasts, and editorial, along with other partner and client work.
*This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement
• 5+ years of experience producing content-based work for a media organization preferred. Candidates with newsroom or custom marketing experience is ideal.
• A strong design portfolio showcasing art and typographical hierarchy and logic.
• Ability to communicate responsive design solutions to developers, as well as our research, business, and editorial teams, using wireframe mockups or other prototypes.
• Demonstrated experience parsing and translating complicated information into understandable, reader-friendly graphics and experiences across devices.
• A pragmatic but innovative sense of the optimal user experience.
• Proficiency with Adobe Suite products, especially Photoshop, Indesign, and Illustrator. (Bonus if you can shift us toward prototypes in Sketch and/or Figma.)
• Ability to be self-led while collaborating closely and nimbly with a small team in a fast-paced news production environment will be essential to success in this role.
Foreign Policy is a magazine of global news and ideas. We explain Washington to the world and the world to Washington by covering trends in not only security and diplomacy but also issues surrounding climate change, immigration, politics, and culture. Our FP Analytics research division has been at the forefront of reports on gender parity, 5G, data governance, and the global pandemic response. FP Events convenes leaders in government, business, and civil society for critical and timely conversations on a wide range of topics. Our podcast division is flourishing with a roster of successful shows, including I Spy, Syria’s Lost Generation, and FP Playlist.
We would prefer candidates based in Washington D.C. or New York but will consider other locations.
Foreign Policy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈