4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
As the Design Director at TM, you help define and drive the future of design across a wide variety of technologies and industries. Your projects will include creative design work in highly specialized areas like artificial intelligence, machine learning, consumer web, transportation, enterprise productivity, finance, healthcare and data science. You will create clear, visually engaging and scalable human centered design solutions. You will be responsible for overall design quality while ensuring the team executing the work is set up for success.
You will identify and implement product strategy, envision complex user experience ecosystems and inspire others to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You possess a clear vision of the future of user experience design, and have the technical ability to produce high quality visual deliverables with engineering.
In this role, you will apply your passion for product design, brand and craft to create innovative digital products. You will influence research and design processes, mentor talented members of your team and collaborate with clients and their engineering teams.
You will inspire TM and their clients to innovate by presenting compelling product design proposals, taking calculated risks, learning quickly, caring about the details, iterating fast and most of all have the ability to do the work yourself. You will articulate a product vision and drive consensus with TM’s design team. You will develop talent and coach your peers and clients.
You will work with cross-functional groups including designers, researchers, engineers, product managers and executive leadership. This role involves management across divergent businesses and timelines inside and outside of TM.
You are a design leader representing TM. You will effectively communicate the rationale behind design decisions through strong oral and written communication skills to internal and external parties. You will recruit and build out TM’s design team, speak publicly at design conferences on behalf of the company and conduct business development initiatives to bring in cutting edge clients.
- Lead and work through all phases of the UX process: research, conceptual design, prototyping, detailed design, usability testing, and implementation.
- Produce highly technical and aesthetically pleasing designs, leading projects with a high level of autonomy.
- Recruit, mentor, inspire, and retain world class designers, researchers, and prototypers.
- Drive all aspects of product development with an emphasis on exquisite interaction and visualdesign.
- Manage TM’s design team. Provide thoughtful feedback and integrates qualitative andquantitative insights.
- Publicly represent TM by writing case studies and speaking at meetups / conferences.
- Network and bring in cutting edge clients.
- Conceptualization, resource management, scheduling, budgeting, and project management.
- Align designs with client business goals.
- Continually improve research, design, and development processes to gain efficiency, removeobstacles, and simplify problems.
- Responsible for overall design quality while ensuring the team executing the work is set up forsuccess.
- Represent TM in front of clients and potential business. An ability to listen well, communicateclearly and command a room is a must
- 10 years’ experience.
- Independent thinker and executer who needs little oversight.
- World class visual artist.
- Expertise in user experience and user interface design.
- Mastery of software including: Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Engineering capabilities.
- Clear communication skills.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Proven track record of shipping successful software products.
- Proven leadership skills in communicating research, conceptual ideas, and design rationale, allwithin a user-centered design process.
- Outstanding analytic, design, and management skills.
- Experience designing for multiple device types and contexts (desktop, tablet, smartphone)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈