CGI Lighting Artist (Maya)
2 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: Anywhere
We are looking for a talented CGI Lighting Artist for an exciting short-term contract on a series of animated shorts (with potential for extension).
This is a remote/telecommute position. The studio is 100% virtual and allows the applicant to work anywhere in the world!
The CGI Lighting & Layout Artist is an exceptional CG Lighter, experienced with Maya and Vray, with a great eye for detail, and a disposition for technical problem-solving. Candidates must have the ability to successfully deliver multiple deadline-driven projects, producing a large volume of high-quality work, with an attention to detail and a knack for creative problem-solving.
- Develop Master Lighting for Animated Sequences, working with the CG Supervisor and Light Leads to realize the Director's vision.
- Light and Render sequences of shots as efficiently as possible, working with Compositors to deliver all required render layers and render elements.
- Develop best practices for an efficient production under a tight deadline.
- Elevate the quality of everyone's work through collaboration and collective problem solving,
- Maintain high visual quality standards
- Experience with lighting and rendering for CG animation.
- A good eye for color, contrast, and scene composition
- Requirements: Maya, V-Ray, and Photoshop
- Experience with additional software plus: Max, Unreal, Nuke, Fusion, AfterFX, Deadline, Shotgun, etc
- 1-3 years in a CGI production environment.
- Excellent communication skills, and enjoys working on a team and teaching others
- Ability to maintain priorities while multitasking
- Ability to analyze and problem-solve with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to learn new software quickly, on the job if necessary
- Ability to take instruction, but also work independently when needed
DreamView Studios was founded by veteran CGI visionaries with 100+ years combined experience in creating CGI & Visual Effects for blockbuster movies, AAA games, commercials, and eCommerce products, hailing from companies such as Disney, Industrial Light & Magic, Pixar, and Electronic Arts.
The DreamView™ cloud platform and production services help businesses create, manage, and distribute photoreal and Augmented Reality CGI products and media for eCommerce sites, marketing initiatives, consumer experiences, and more. Virtual products, lifestyle scenes, and video creation is not only faster and less costly than traditional set design and layout, but also provides infinitely reusable 3D CGI assets and media. The company's proprietary platform and process facilitates streamlined product development and visualization, and is globally scalable.
DreamView's team is completely virtual with employees across the globe. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, unlimited time-off, massive growth opportunities, and a supportive and knowledgeable team to facilitate your success.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈