Automotive Instructional Designer
1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: USA Only
Title: Automotive Instructional Designer
Availability: Normal working hours (9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST) with flexibility as needed
Rate: $65 - $80 per hour
Software/Licenses Needed: Articulate 360 and others as needed for assigned project preferred
We are seeking Automotive Technical Writers with an Instructional Design background to support new OEM training programs (long-term and short-term opportunities). This individual will work with Project Managers and/or Subject Matter Experts to create web-based training (WBT) modules, instructor-led training (ILT) materials (in-person or virtual (vILT)), and supporting materials following Ardent’s instructional design process. Our ideal candidates will have experience working as an Instructional Designer, and experience creating automotive technical training materials in both ILT and WBT formats.
These positions are temporary (contract) roles with no specific time period but could be extended or shortened as needed; work can be done remotely with personal equipment and software.
In This Contract Role You Will:
- Create ILT, vILT, and WBT materials to support large-scale service technical training programs for various automotive clients
- Develop high-level course outlines and design documents; create scripts, storyboards, PowerPoint presentations, learner guides, and job aids for various delivery methods
- Translate client-provided information on new and updated vehicles service diagnostics, processes, procedures, and technologies into understandable descriptions for client approval, following client-specific standards
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, English, Instructional Design, or equivalent experience
- Proven experience working as an Instructional Designer
- Proven experience working in an automotive technical writing position
- Familiarity and experience in automotive technical terminology
- Experience transitioning ILT content to a virtual delivery (vILT)
- Experience creating OEM service technical training is a plus
- Experience creating procedural scripts for video is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of course development software (e.g., Articulate Storyline and Rise, Captivate, etc.), at least one virtual platform delivery tool, and at least one Learning Management System
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Comfortable working remotely with virtual teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are not a typical learning company. Our team is truly passionate about changing lives. We want everything we do — our work, our conversations, our interactions — to be genuine, true, and unique. Our team strives to Elevate and Evolve in all that we do.
We're always on the lookout for innovative, curious, and passionate people who can help us achieve our goals.
What We Do:
Ardent Learning helps our clients thrive in business by developing custom training solutions. We believe the most effective learning experience incorporates our client’s brand, culture, and values. Our team is tenacious in helping our clients and their people reach their goals and perform at the highest level.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Come as you are. Ardent Learning is an equal opportunity employer. Ardent embraces diversity and is committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please provide a resume and work sample (e.g., PowerPoint deck, design document, storyboard, instructor guide, student guide, WBT course, etc.)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈