3D Art Intern
2 weeks ago
Job type: Internship
Hiring from: USA Only
Higharc is a stealth-stage, VC-backed startup that is changing how new homes are designed and built. Join a founding team who've shipped products for Autodesk, Electronic Arts, Nike, and Apple.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for talented 3D artists to join our architecture visualization team and help create high quality environment art assets and scenes. Candidates should have an exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, color, detail, and silhouette in regard to modeling and texturing.
At Higharc, you won't be doing coffee runs - our interns go at the same energized pace and take on the same types of challenges and responsibilities as the rest of our team. You'll get exposure to our full product pipeline, and you'll learn a lot about architecture. Join a friendly, supportive environment where you'll have the chance to learn from some of the brightest minds in the industry.
We support remote work for this position as well as having formal office space in Atlanta, Durham, and San Francisco. This is a paid internship - you can expect to be fairly compensated for your time and effort.
- Must be enrolled currently at an accredited University
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week during the internship within normal business hours, Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm.
- Start/End dates TBD, based on each candidate's schedule
- Create and refine detailed photo-realistic and representational environments, landscapes, and props
- You will be creating assets that are visually and technically industry leading.
- Create benchmark art assets and best practices guides
- Ensure that assets meet the performance and memory requirements
- Creating and revising models, textures and materials for interactive environments
- Contribute to improvement of pipeline and asset quality
- Able to work independently to a high level of quality solving visual and technical challenges
- Self-driven with strong communication skills and are comfortable working in an environment of honest feedback and iteration.
- Detail focused with an eye toward accuracy and consistency with the ability to build assets from physical samples or reference images
- Can demonstrate an incredible portfolio with the best examples of realistic 3D environment creation, organic sculpts, hard surface objects/props.
- Experienced in hard surface modelling using Maya, 3DS Max, or Blender.
- Proficient in UV layout and lightmap authoring and editing
- Experienced with a standard PBR based realistic texture/material pipeline and toolsets (including Adobe Photoshop, Substance Painter and Designer)
- Experience creating a large variation of architecture, props and landscapes
- Familiar with developing assets for level creation tools like Unreal Engine 4.
- A passion for interior and architectural design
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈