2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
The 3D Animator(s) we're looking for are masters in high-volume and high-quality digital animation generation, using Maya, Max, and/or MotionBuilder.
Candidates must have the ability to successfully manage and produce high quality, character and object driven animations on deadline-driven projects.
This is a remote/telecommute position. The studio is 100% virtual and allows the applicant to work anywhere in the world!
- Work with directors, leads, and other animators to completely understand and implement the needs of a scene in the layout process.
- Utilizing our in-house tools; create a scene with exceptional pace and performance.
- Take the vision of the Director and block the existing boards to create a 3D version of the story reel with a unique layout of shots.
- Work with the Director(s) and CG Supervisor on the iterations of each shot/sequence. Your sequences must be captivating with a focus on final dramatic performance.
- Responsible for being knowledgeable about the software used on production, as it relates to the Animation department.
- Attend Layout Reviews, Launches and Approvals with Production, as well as balance equality with efficiency under tight deadlines.
- Adhere to the complexity of different projects as well as the production schedule.
- At least three years of experience in video game, film, TV or episodic animation or equivalent (will consider less experience if you are just truly a rockstar that hasn't been discovered yet)
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of visuals
- Experience with animation software such as Motion Builder, 3ds Max or Maya
- You love pushing the envelope and understand a collaborative environment
- Create high-quality 3D animations for humans, animals, creatures, objects as well as soft/hard bodies
- R&D relevant technologies and best practices to support the animation pipelines
- Collaborate with Technical Artists to design custom rigs and skeletons
- Work with Art Director, Animation Director, and Lead Artists to understand the high-quality objectives and ensure animation style consistency across projects.
- Provide accurate time estimates for tasks and meet production deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and deal with heavy workload/multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to record information accurately and detect/report issues before they compromise delivery
- Ability to analyze and problem solve/keen attention to detail
- Ability to learn new software quickly or on the job if necessary
- Ability to take instruction, but also work independently when needed
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈