Team Lead - Advanced Data Analytics
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Frontiers is looking for a skilled and passionate Team Lead to manage our new Advanced Analytics team, focused on working to identify opportunities within journal growth and editorial review processes.
Working with a small but growing cross-functional team of other data scientists, the Advanced Analytics team will work to identify patterns, build models, and test and improve predictive algorithms that increase our understanding of customer trends, and identify opportunities to improve our products and services.
We currently use technologies including Databricks, Tableau, and Python/Jupyter Notebooks for data analysis. However, you will be expected to pick up and recommend new tools as we evolve our data practice.
- Lead and motivate a small team, facilitating cross-functional collaboration with other Business Intelligence teams
- Grow the capabilities and skills of your team members
- Analyse past results and perform variance analysis
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports
- Apply technical knowledge of data modeling, design and techniques to take business intelligence requirements from concept to implementation
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand their requirements and current processes, to best support their analytics needs
- Liaise with Data Intelligence and Data Architecture & Engineering teams to drive improvements in data quality and reporting
- Several years experience in Data Science
- Experience in predictive analytics and applying technical knowledge of data modeling, design and technique
- Experience leading and motivating a team to achieve key results
- Interested in increasing the adoption of data science across the business
- Clear verbal and written communication skills, particularly in the context of telling stories with data to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to distill large amounts of information into specific takeaways
- Experience with a broad range of tools and tech for data management, analysis and visualization
- Previous experience in financial, business, or bibliometric analysis is highly desirable
We are committed to growing and nurturing our people for the long-term. We spend 5% of our time working on our own projects to promote learning and innovation; as well as regular ‘master class’ sessions to share knowledge.
We work in a relaxed, friendly environment with the flexibility to work from home.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈