Survey Data and Reporting Lead
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Survey Data and Reporting Lead
£50k – £60k
Bristol based relocating to Edinburgh in approx. 12 months
Permanent / Full time
Start Date: March/April ‘21
Survey Data and Reporting Lead
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Survey Data and Reporting Lead to join a venture capital backed, fast-paced, rapidly expanding company working in the renewable sector. We are bringing in new technologies to make offshore subsea and aerial robotics more autonomous. Using these to bring greater efficiencies to our clients.
This role will be pivotal to ensuring that we continue to provide the highest standard of data collection on our projects and that it can be used to generate high value add, quality documentation and great reporting to satisfy our contractual obligations and customer expectations.
The position provides an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and offers the opportunity for progression as we position ourselves as market leaders in the sectors we serve.
Project / Operational Support
- Experience in the setup and configuration of processing and survey IT spreads prior to mobilisation.
- Experience in calculating and drawing up Line plans, line file and survey background CAD files creation.
- Responsible for specifying suitable survey equipment, and liaising with suppliers and the Project Manager to ensure that equipment is delivered to mobilisations on time.
- Responsible for packing and unpacking equipment, carrying out inventories and storing equipment in a suitable location shared with survey team.
- Excellent survey processing background with experience primarily in data acquisition from Multibeam Echo Sounders, Sidescan sonars, TSS Pipetrackers and subsea position ins as well as a wide range of peripheral software such as AutoCAD, EIVA Navi suite, QGIS, Beyond Compare, SQL Server and digital video. Accomplished in calibrations, such as USBL, Gyro, MRU and Multibeam Echo Sounder
- Strong geodetics knowledge.
- Supervises setup of survey processing software and monitors the data quality to ensure the survey specification is achieved, bringing non-conformances to the attention of the Party Chief and Project Manager working with Survey Manager to resolve.
- Responsible for preparation of processing instructions prior to operations. Assures that all latest relevant data has been received from the client and is in good order.
- Overall responsibility for managing the offline processing team and offline deliverables in addition to ensuring data quality is adequate for processing during operational projects.
- Responsible for advising the commercial team during tender applications on processing durations, and notifying contract holders of any delays encountered.
- Ensuring data quality is appropriate for processing (e.g. photogrammetry) where the client wouldn’t be able or willing to have the specification written into the contract.
- Pre-planning and scheduling data processing work (both people and compute).
- Management of software licenses (both survey and non-survey related).
- Responsible for data backup, integrity verification and validation of data onto NAS and cloud based storage mediums.
- Responsible for IT security within operational stakeholders, including contractor credential management.
- Experience working with cloud-based data storage systems and GIS platforms.
- Responsible for the negotiation and purchase of IT related equipment to support office and offshore teams. To be purchased by the Survey Manager.
- Lead and develop members of your team to advance their knowledge in Data Processing, Data Handling and the value-add data brings
- Strong team player with the ability to build, implement and refine processes to make a positive impact on the companies’ performance around the setup, delivery and completion of survey-based projects with the desire to push the boundaries of our 3D Modelling and data provision services
- Technologically forward looking attitude
- Owns the IT infrastructure around survey equipment and ensures upkeep of assets and obsolescence issues are managed efficiently. Prepares business plans for future equipment investment.
- Reviews the scope of work, identifies any data/information missing and clarifies/ requests supply from the client / advises Project Manager
- Collates and quality controls reports and final deliverables.
- Responsible for final deliverables submission, addressing client’s comments and version control.
- Supports commercial department by assessing reporting requirements and assuring they are properly costed.
- Checking that data requirements in contracts are deliverable at the quoted cost.
- Liaises with subcontractors where data processing is outsourced.
- Ensures that all onshore and offshore activities are carried out with the highest regard to the health and safety of all involved.
- Work closely with the Global Product Manager of technology to ensure as and when technologies are developed/commercialised that the supporting tools and systems are robust and ready for handling of the data obtained for transfer to our Intelligent Data Platform (IDP)
- A fast growth company that can accelerate your career
- The ability to set your own direction and that of the company
- Flexible working policy and remote working options
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and up to 45 days off if hours are compressed.
- Personal private medical insurance that can be extended to your family
- Additional training and personal development
As a team we are passionate about our company’s future and work hard to see the results of our efforts changing our industry. We are small enough that everybody makes a difference but big enough to provide variety of work and strong in-house expertise. We work together and celebrate our successes together.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈