Sr. Data Operations Engineer
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
- Own end-to-end production-level data engineering tasks including tickets management, data pulls, and data-related requests (automated/manual) from multiple teams.
- On-call rotation is a must (PagerDuty, OpsGenie, etc.)
- Lead the design, development, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of Upgrade's data management systems.
- Lead the development of standards and procedures to maximize DBMS performance, scalability, resilience, security, and data integrity.
- Highly motivated and self driven.
- Enjoy learning new technologies and applying that to solving problems.
- Enjoy collaborating and working in small teams.
- Technically strong and hands-on.
- Good at multitasking and thrive in fast paced environments.
- Methodical, thorough, and solution oriented.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in data operations (in-house experience strongly preferred).
- Strong programming/scripting knowledge in building and maintaining ETL using SQL, Python, Bash, Go.
- Excellent understanding of Data Operations and DevOps (Ansible/Terraform).
- In-depth hands-on knowledge of AWS, Redshift, PostgreSQL (version 9.6+)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes.
- Production-level experience with data migration/management and data pipelining (Redshift, Snowflake, Tableau).
- 4+ yrs experience with data engineering and operations, including administering production-level, always-on, high throughput, complex OLTP RDBMS
- Knowledge of SQL Server a plus
- Comprehensive benefit package: medical, dental, and vision.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Flexible working environment.
- Fully remote teams.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈