Sr. Data Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Our mission is to empower teams with a new way to sell. SetSail is the first signal-based selling platform that uses AI and behavioral science to turn sales data into better sales behaviors. CROs and Sales VPs at companies like Dropbox, Cisco, Hubspot and Lyft rely on SetSail to automate sales programs, improve rep behaviors, and increase win rates -- at scale and in real-time. Backed by leading VC firms, SetSail secured $26M in Series A funding to kick off 2021 bringing the company’s total funding to date to $37M.
The Data Engineering team is a cross-functional and end-to-end department that’s responsible for data ingestion and data processing. We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team and collaborate closely with Engineering, Data Science, Product, and Go-to-Market. You will be working on developing and maintaining scalable data pipelines that support many use cases.
You are self-driven, and passionate about all aspects of data engineering, including...
- Building fault-tolerant scalable distributed processing systems for both batch and streaming processing
- Analyzing and organizing raw data
- Enhance data quality and reliability
- Optimize and scale data processing for increased efficiency and capacity
- Evaluating and making technology choices
- Developing libraries for data processing
- Experience (5 or more years) as a Data Engineer or similar role involving large scale data processing
- Degree in Computer Science, or other degrees involving training in quantitative methods and/or programming
- Experience with complex SQL and SQL optimization
- Proficiency with Python
- Familiarity with big data concepts and technologies like data lake, map reduce, Spark, distributed query engine, Kinesis, Kafka, Airflow
- Familiarity with public cloud computing platforms like AWS, and their data processing services
- Passionate about Data Engineering and have opinions on best practices
SetSail Press & Blog
- Tech Crunch: Rethink Sales Compensation
- Business Wire: Reinvent How Sales Reps are Motivated and Rewarded
- CMSWire: Understand Which Data Is Right for Each Use Case
- Full Steam Ahead on Our Mission to Empower Every Rep
- How to Automate and Enrich Data
- Helping Reps stay Laser-Focused on what Matters with SetSail Accelerate
Why you’ll love SetSail
- 100% remote team with an onboarding package to help you get set up remotely
- Excellent Health Care program [Anthem Blue Cross PPO, Spirit Ameritas dental, and Spirit VSP vision]. We cover 95% of employee cost and 80% of the dependent price.
- Ownership - Company Equity
- Flexible Paid-time Off
- 401k Plan
- Monthly food and snack stipend to keep you energized
- Company game nights - bring your A-game!
- Amazing people and a great vision
Interested in learning more about SetSail, please visit https://www.setsail.co/.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈