Sr. Data Engineer
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Hiring Manager: Abhijeet Solanki
Recruiter: Ramey Dallimonti
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be working cross-functionally with business domain specialists, analytics, and engineering teams to design and implement our Data Warehouse model. You will be working in our Business Technology Data Engineering and Architecture function and have an opportunity to build a sound data foundation and processes that will scale with the company’s growth. You will architect, design, implement data pipelines enabling insights from our Product and Corporate Systems for key partners, data scientists and decision makers in organizations such as Sales, Marketing and Finance at Slack. You would also be responsible for improving and maintaining our data warehouse.
Data engineers also need to guarantee compliance with data governance and data security requirements while creating, improving and operationalizing these integrated and reusable data pipelines. This would enable faster data access, integrated data reuse and vastly improved time-to-solution for Slack’s data and analytics initiatives. The newly hired data engineer will be the key interface in operationalizing data and analytics on behalf of the organizational outcomes of business teams! This role will require both creative and collaborative working with Business technology, Product and the wider business teams.
This is a fun role for problem solvers, who can intuitively anticipate problems and can also look beyond immediate issues. In short, we look for people who take pride in the craft and want to be part of creating and defining the teams operating model and contribution to the company. They will be a self-starter, detail and quality oriented, and passionate about having a huge impact at Slack. If this role has your name written all over it, please contact us with a resume so that we explore further.
- Design, implement and build pipelines that deliver data with measurable quality under the SLA
- Partner with Data Engineers, Data architects, domain specialists, data analysts and other teams to build foundational data sets that are trusted, well understood, aligned with business strategy and enable self-service
- Be a champion of the overall strategy for data governance, security, privacy, quality and retention that will satisfy business policies and requirements
- Own and document data pipelines and data lineage
- Identify, document and promote best practices
- Support and Maintain analytics tech ecosystem (data warehouse, ETL and BI tools)
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering field.
- At least 8 years or more of work experience in data management disciplines including data integration, modeling, optimization and data quality, and/or other areas directly relevant to data engineering responsibilities and tasks.
- At least 4 years of experience working in multi-functional teams and collaborating with business partners in Sales or Marketing in support of a departmental and/or multi-departmental data management and analytics initiative that involve working with data generated by product and business systems.
- Very strong experience in working with product usage data.
- Solid experience in dimensional modeling, supporting data warehouse, scaling and optimizing, performance tuning and ETL pipelines
- Deep understanding of relational as well as big data setup
- Problem solver with good interpersonal skills with ability to make sound sophisticated decisions in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Ability to work on multiple areas like Data pipeline ETL, Data modeling & design, writing complex SQL queries etc. . Preferred: Prior experience with ETL tools (eg Informatica, Matillion, Snaplogic), Hive, Presto, Dimensional Modeling.
- Hands-on experience with Data Warehouse technologies (Snowflake, Redshift) and Big Data technologies (e.g Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
- Proficiency with programming languages is a big plus (e.g. Python)
- Capable of planning and executing on both short-term and long-term goals individually and with the team.
- Passionate about various data technologies including but not limited to SQL/No SQL/MPP databases etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, able to effectively collaborate with technical and business partners
- Excellent understanding of trade-offs
- Demonstrated ability to navigate between big-picture and implementation details
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈