Software Engineer - Data & Production Backend
1 month ago
Hiring from: Europe Only
- Design, build, and deploy systems that run 24/7 at ever increasing scale
- Develop tools and automate processes to find answers to challenging questions and reveal the unknown
- Write code and documentation, participate in code reviews, and mentor other engineers
- Support the infrastructure and software your team develops
- Participate in a light on-call rotation, handing off to US-based teams during the night time; no getting woken up in the middle of the night by a 3am page!
- Strong knowledge of systems and application design with an understanding of operational and reliability trade-offs
- Experience operating web-scale deployments of distributed systems, e.g., Kafka, Flink, Cassandra, Kubernetes, and Elasticsearch
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
- A hunger for tracking down root causes—no matter how deep it takes you—and fixing them in systematic ways
- Strong understanding of operating systems, file systems, and networking
- Experience using and operating Linux is ideal
- Fluency in Python, Java, Scala, or a similar language—familiarity with more than one is a plus
- Understanding of configuration management tools (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible) and monitoring (e.g., Nagios, Sensu, Prometheus)
- Exposure to cloud computing services like AWS, Azure, etc.
- Experience working with and contributing to open source projects
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills and willingness to uphold Yelp’s deeply held values
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 25 days paid holiday initially, rising to 29 with service
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in events and conferences throughout Europe and the US
- Public transportation season ticket loan and £50 per month toward any exercise of your choice
- Monthly personal development allowance
- Central location, a fully stocked kitchen, adjustable sitting/standing desks, quarterly offsites, locally roasted coffee, happy hours, and more!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈