Dataiku allows enterprises to create value with their data in a human-centered way while breaking down silos and encouraging collaboration. One of the most unique characteristics of our product, Data Science Studio (DSS), is the breadth of its scope and the fact that it caters both to technical and non-technical users. Through DSS, we aim to empower people through data and democratize data science.
Data visualization is often the most striking (and for some, the most accessible) part of the data-to-insights process. Let’s face it — there’s nothing more exciting than a beautiful fit-for-purpose data viz. We are looking for a talented software engineer to create usable, intuitive, beautiful interfaces and their scalable engines for Dataiku DSS. Dataiku DSS brings together big data and AI technologies into a unique and easy-to-use platform. It allows data scientists to process data with SQL databases, Spark, and Kubernetes with either user-friendly interfaces or code. The same platform also allows business analysts to create powerful machine or deep learning models with just a few clicks.
What we do
What you will do
With your top-tier teammates from the engineering team and the help of the UX team, you will:
- Build the components that allow Dataiku DSS users to create and display charts, dashboards, and ad- hoc web applications in a scalable way (both frontend and backend).
- Prototype and create new ways to interact with data or integrations with other products such as Tableau, PowerBI, Salesforce, Slack, etc.
- Work closely with product managers and UX designers to brainstorm on new features and iteratively refine solutions.
- Shape a safe place to work where all ideas and suggestions are welcome and taken into account, and where we all know everyone does their best.
- Write high-quality code, as your teammates do!
You are the ideal recruit if:
- You have experience in software development and you are interested in data visualization tools.
- You are customer-oriented — you want to understand customer needs and how the product is used.
- You are at ease with both frontend and backend development, or you’ve mastered frontend development but are not afraid to dive into backend code to better understand how it works.
- You know that a chart is worth a thousand grid cells.
- You have firsthand experience (either professional or personal) building a real product.
- You blink each time you see a misaligned pixel!
- You are humble and kind. You don't hesitate to ask questions when you don't know, and you treat your colleagues with respect, kindness, and honesty.
- Initial call with the talent acquisition manager
- On-site meeting (or video call) with a software developer or a team lead
- Home test to show your skills
- Final interviews with an engineering manager and a VP of engineering
- An informal interview with a Dataiker to understand our culture
Dataiku’s culture is right for you if
- You want to be able to define your own version of work-life balance - flexible is our go-to word, it applies equally to remote work, vacations and parental benefits
- You need autonomy to thrive - we trust our people, give them space to do their best and stay away from artificial deadlines
- You enjoy spending time with your colleagues and learning from your peers - meet for Friday universities, annual offsites, virtual trivia nights and more
- You like feeling cared about - watch out for the magical Christmas box delivered at home and an unforgettable onboarding week
- You care about giving back - it’s what our Ikig.AI program is all about: Dataikers are encouraged to work pro bono for one or several nonprofits of their choosing
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast! In 2019, we achieved unicorn status, went from 200 to 400 people and opened new offices across the globe. Spanning from Sydney to Frankfurt, Denver to London, geography doesn’t stop Dataikers from working closely together and sharing experiences. Collaboration is key within our product and culture. We strive to create a sense of belonging and community while fostering diverse thinking by encouraging cross-team, cross-office interactions like our annual company offsite or Paris onboarding. Fly over to Twitter
, and Instagram
to read stories about our culture, people, and success.
Our practices are rooted in the idea that everyone should be treated with dignity, decency and fairness. Dataiku also believes that a diverse identity is a source of strength and allows us to optimize across the many dimensions that are needed for our success. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment practices are based on business needs, without regard to race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. This applies to all policies and procedures related to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion and termination and all other conditions and terms of employment.