(Senior) Manager of Analytics
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
The Senior Manager of Analytics will lead a team of analytics and data science professionals at Waitr Holdings, Inc. This individual directly interfaces with finance leadership and interacts with all organizational departments, streamlining prioritization and providing direction for the analytics department as well as serving as the technical leader of the group.
- Effectively prioritizes, delegates and manages the workflow of the Analytics department
- Supervises, provides direction and develops Analytics team members
- Work cross-functionally with other departments in the company including finance, sales, marketing, operations and the executive team
- Effectively and concisely communicates data-driven results of Analytics research to other departments in the company, providing key business recommendations.
- Performs quality assurance procedures for organizational data reporting
- Ability to pivot quickly to changing needs of a highly dynamic business
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Manage a data pipeline connected to production databases and APIs
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, computer science, finance, physics or other quantitative field
- 5 years of experience building analytical models, reports, and dashboards using SQL, Python, and Excel
- 2 years of experience supervising and leading a team
- Experience communicating with and presenting to senior leadership
- Experience building analytical or machine learning models for business decision making using statistical modeling techniques
- Experience managing a data pipeline using tools like Airflow
Preferred Education and Experience
Graduate degree in statistics, computer science, finance, physics or other quantitative field
Experience with Redshift, MySQL, and Postgres databases
Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau
Experience managing code repositories in Github
Nimble: You move fast and accurately in a dynamic environment
Customer-Focused: Proactively seeks and finds ways to provide the highest standards of service.
Innovator: Generates and recognizes creative solutions in varying work situations.
Team player: Collaboration and strong communication skills.
Effective Communicator: Demonstrates open, honest and respectful written and verbal communication.
Results-Oriented: Productively focuses time and resources on activities to produce quality result
Forward-Thinking: Problem solver, do whatever it takes attitude
Strategic Thinker: Views events and possibilities from multiple perspectives. Understands the bigger picture and the interdependencies and effects of other systems.
Ethical: Maintains and promotes individual and organization integrity and values in the conduct of all activities.
# of direct reports: 4-5
# of indirect reports: 0
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
Travel is not expected.
Waitr, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Waitr, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Waitr, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈