(Senior) DevOps Engineer - Databases
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
- Will work on a microservices infrastructure built on Amazon Web Services, primarily built on EC2, ECS, APIGateway, Lambda, Kinesis, RDS - MySQL, Postgres (bonus if you have worked with DynamoDB, MongoDB, Timescale and Snowflake), and ElastiCache.
- Query optimization
- Schema and indexing best practices
- History of monitoring and alerting around proven Database specific metrics
- Knowledge in Schema migrations and best practices around them
- Continue to optimize a migration towards Docker Containers. Elastic Container Service with Fargate is currently used but there is an emphasis on EKS/Kubernetes in Q2.
- Continue to provide best practices towards our implementation of Infrastructure as Code and some configuration management with Ansible. We are heavily using Terraform and provision all new infrastructure through it while backporting legacy.
- Improve an existing CI process, implement Continuous Delivery, and push Release Engineering best practices.
- Help formulate a strong culture using CAMS methodology: (Culture Automation Measurement and Sharing).
- Create processes and tools that will enable the entire engineering team to ship better, faster, and more reliably.
- Work closely with application engineers.
- You have experience in handling data replication, along with strategies for handling high-availability of services.
- You have been working on Site Reliability / DevOps with a focus on databases for 5+ years, and have a solid understanding of best practices.
- You have worked with a microservices architecture and have well-formed opinions on the pros and cons.
- You understand the importance of CI/CD and have seen the impact a well-structured code pipeline makes to a team.
- You've worked with build tools related to CI/CD (Jenkins, CircleCI). Spinnaker is a bonus!
- You are passionate about Observability and the tools required to view and explore the state of a platform.
- You've worked with monitoring and logging tools such as (Splunk, Nagios, Sensu, Datadog, New Relic).
- You are familiar with containers, container orchestration, and security best practices.
- You have worked with and understand vanilla Docker. Experience with EKS or Kubernetes is a large bonus.
- You have a passion for collaboration.
- You’ve enjoyed working with Engineers on multiple fronts (Backend, Frontend, Product, Quality Assurance) and are looking to continue this in your next role.
- You enjoy teaching and educating around best practices.
- Our backend is Java and Python microservices coupled with DynamoDB, Kinesis, AirFlow, MySql, Postgres, and Redis. Our frontend is built on current best practices leveraging Babel, Webpack, React, and Redux.
- Our team is 70+ engineers, product managers and designers from top tech companies including Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Moat, Oscar and AppNexus.
- We believe our company will win in the long run through product innovation. To get there, we obsess over iteratively delivering customer value through rapid prototyping and data driven decision making.
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈