(Senior) Data Software Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
About Certain, Inc
Certain is the leading end-to-end enterprise event experience platform provider to the Fortune 1000. Our SaaS, cloud solution empowers marketers to deliver truly engaging digital and in-person attendee experiences, capturing rich insights and buying signals that lead to greater sales and marketing results. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in North America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, Certain partners with hundreds of enterprise and event management companies across tens of thousands of events with millions of attendees to deliver the best customer experience through live events. Certain is in the midst of rapid growth as event automation is one of the few dark spots in the marketing tech stack. While 30 – 40% of the marketing budget goes to hosting events, marketers lack a single platform to deliver seamless digital and in-person event experiences at scale while also extracting overall event ROI. Certain is changing the game as the first event experience platform that aggregates over 300 event data points that are seamlessly integrated with Eloqua, Marketo and Salesforce to deliver a highly personalized experience before, during and after live events. Certain has secured some of the largest global brands as clients such as Oracle, Microsoft and Red Hat – who won an Ops Stars Marketing Ops Team of the Year award based on their implementation of Certain in 2019. Now is the time to be part of the marketing leadership team that will establish Certain as the event experience lead
We are looking for a talented Senior Data Software Engineer that can thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment. You will be working with a team of developers using cutting-edge technologies. You will be a key player in designing and implementing product features. This is a highly technical role requiring excellent coding skills. You will be responsible for developing data centric systems supporting data quality, normalization and transport, including building data pipelines supporting AI/ML based systems and a new powerful, enterprise level data platform.
- Hands-On contribution as part of a software engineering team focused on building and delivering highly secure, efficient and robust data processing solutions in an aggressive timeframe.
- Develop and deploy data centric systems and pipelines on an AWS cloud-based platform
- Partner with data Scientists to support and improve model development pipeline
- Support a holistic and end –to- end approach to data, including querying, aggregation, deep analysis, visualization and AI/ML models
- Integrate 3rd Party or Internal API and file-based services utilizing CSV, JSON, or XML data
- Designing, developing and maintaining solutions to: integrate, transform, cleanse, normalize and present data to for consumption by data science or other end users
- Develop and maintain design & architecture documentation
- Take ownership to drive product from ideation to operationalization
- Diligently maintain application and data security throughout the data pipeline and processing
- Support debugging and resolving application issues
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline
- 3-5 years of software development experience building and testing applications in Java, Scala, and/or Python
- Currently collaborating as a hands-on team member developing significant commercial software
- Strengths in SQL/NoSQL and proficiency in Big Data tools and systems such as Kafka, Hadoop, Spark
- 2+ years of experience building data pipelines
- Proven proficiency in building data processing systems in Java and Python, along with a willingness to learn new languages
- Recent hands-on Experience supporting AI/ML based systems a big plus
- Experience with Text Analytics and NLP (natural language processing) techniques is desirable
- Experience handling and processing sensitive data such as PII
- Develop for security and privacy compliance (GPDR, CCPA, ISO 27001, PCI, HIPAA, etc.)
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment, with the ability to adapt to various technologies and simultaneously work on multiple projects
- Experience working cross functionally with other teams outside of engineering
- Must have a curious mind
- Be obsessed with quality
- Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced environment – previous startup experience a plus
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈