Senior Data Scientist / Product Analyst
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
ClassDojo’s ultimate goal is to create an education system that gives every child on Earth an education they love. We are doing this by bringing together communities of teachers, children and families, and then helping them get learning experiences their children love. Last school year, we served over 40 million children—with a team of just 45.
Data is core to how ClassDojo makes decisions. As our third Data Scientist / Product Analyst, you’ll help build a global consumer education business reaching tens of millions of parents, teachers, and children by creating, monetizing and analyzing products,. You’ll grow ClassDojo to our next major milestone: reach 100 million+ active families, and 100 million+ in revenue, while deepening our brand love.
As a data science team, we work closely with partners across product, engineering, design, research and marketing to develop business insights and inform product and company strategy. We're looking for high-performing generalist data scientists, with experience in product and/or business analytics, to come work alongside us to take on some of the most interesting and impactful problems in education.
You'll drive high impact product and business decisions as part of a high performing, cross-functional team, where we value learning quickly to build a modern education system for hundreds of millions of teachers, children and families. You’ll pursue a variety of problems ranging from understanding our users, to ensuring we invest in the right growth strategies in each of the 180+ countries we operate in, to growing our community, to empowering teams to find their own answers. You'll work with colleagues across the business to uncover insights, design experiments and measure the impact, and ultimately help influence decision-making across the entire company.
What you’ll do:
- Help the company grow from 10M+ to 100M+ users and $10M+ to $100M in revenue through rigorous quantitative insights
- Build a company-wide discovery and delivery culture informed by rigorous quantitative insights
- Partner with company leadership, product managers, engineers, marketers, designers, and operators to define product and business strategy and direction
- Develop analytical frameworks to monitor business and product performance, including growth and engagement
- Identify opportunities for growth by designing and analyzing product experiments, working with cross-functional teams to translate insights into action
Relevant skills / experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in a data science or analytics role
- Proven track record of using data to identify & drive high leverage product or business opportunities
- Ability to write structured and efficient SQL queries on large data sets
- Experience designing AB/multivariate tests and drawing actionable conclusions
- Ability to visualize and communicate insights to stakeholders
- Bonus: Experience with data pipelines: transforming raw production and external data into user-friendly tables.
ClassDojo's mission is to bring communities together, and help them create an education experience their children love. Founded in 2011 (ImagineK12 / Y Combinator) and based in San Francisco, California, ClassDojo started as communication app: a simple way for teachers, families, and children to share the magic of the school day through photos, videos, and messages. It creates a close-knit classroom community, and exciting, inspiring and creative classrooms and homes for kids. We’re one of the fastest growing education companies of all time, used and loved by tens of millions of teachers, families and children in 90% of K-8 schools in the US, and 180 other countries.
You can read more about our vision to change education from the ground up here: https://medium.com/@samchaudhary/https-medium-com-samchaudhary-how-to-change-education-from-the-ground-up-f82b8f3e4b95.
We believe focused, talented, non-hierarchical teams can achieve a surprising amount: https://blog.ycombinator.com/its-surprising-how-much-small-teams-can-get-done-sam-chaudhary-of-classdojo/. Our team is made up of engineers, designers, and educators from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education, as well as from leading consumer internet organizations like Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator and more. We’re building a company that will transform education, and one that is the kind of place we’ve all always wanted to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here.
ClassDojo’s vision is to give every child on Earth an education they love. We strongly feel the best way to do this is to work with people from diverse backgrounds that truly reflect the world. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We hire both locally in San Francisco, and distributed teammates around the world.
If you're excited about having an impact in education at massive scale, we'd love to hear from you.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈