(Senior) Data Scientist
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe: selected countries RO/IT/PL/PT/DE
Machine Learning (ML) is revolutionizing the way of doing business at a global scale. In business lending, Finiata takes the technological forefront by developing proprietary technology that allows us to take accurate decisions in a fully data driven fashion. YOU will contribute to further develop the in-house all-data-things technology by engineering and productizing novel pipelines and ML models.
Note: This position is fully remote as long as you are legally based in Germany, Poland, Portugal, Italy and Romania. You may be required to travel for business purposes (e.g.: participation in team building activities, professional workshops) up to 10% of the time.
- Apply data science in areas like credit risk modeling, affordability and pricing, KPI forecasting, automated model evaluation (AutoML), causality and model interpretability (XAI)
- Define the new state-of-the-art for machine learning engineering in the financial services for SMEs, going beyond the established status quo;
- Develop machine learning expertise beyond basic supervised and unsupervised learning, mentor and be mentored by other team members
- Prototype and subsequently operationalize innovative, data-intensive, end-to-end machine-learning-based decision engines, following the latest best practices on MLOps
- Demonstrate your leadership skills and manage a Machine Learning based project or product, which you will define through frequent interactions with experienced financial-services professionals
- Highly motivated with excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- M.Sc or PhD in a quantitative field and/or working experience as a Data Scientist or Machine Learning Engineer
- Proficiency in Python with ability to translate ideas into prototypes and prototypes into production
- Experience with working on Machine Learning projects to learn from structured data, as well as, deep knowledge on statistics
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English
- Deep knowledge of the theory and expertise on the application of Machine Learning
- PhD in Machine Learning and/or data mining fundamental topics and/or non-trivial applications of ML/DM foundations
- Solid Python and software engineering skills, including best practices like CI/CD and Git
- Top tier academic track on ML/DM conferences (e.g.: KDD, NeurIPS, ICML, AAAI, ECML/PKDD)
- Proven experience in contributing to machine learning engineering teams in industry (2+ yrs.)
- Experience on MLOps in modern cloud systems (preferentially, AWS)
- Experience with Agile philosophies (e.g.: Scrum, Scrumban, Kanban, XP) and project management tools (e.g.: JIRA) *
* List of technologies/methodologies is for illustrative purposes. You are not expected to have experience in each single one of these technologies/methodologies. We don’t believe in super-heroes but rather in super-teams 🙂
- Culture of trust, constructive feedback and self-organization, agile mindset, regular face-to-face team building events and regular knowledge sharing (E.g.: through tech talks , including invited keynotes as well)
- Be paid a high competitive compensation (at Central European standards) that recognizes your talent – without excuses, vouchers or other shortcuts. Just a fair salary for YOU
- Get to make a real impact on thousands of small businesses every day, contributing for more equal and inclusive economy around the globe
- Work with the best and learn from other competent and brilliant people
- Get access to our Internal Tech Academy – where the company invests on your continuous training and professional growth (individual growth plan, internal top-flight coaches, paid conferences/courses/learning materials, dedicated working time for learning purposes)
- Be supported to grow and take leadership from day one
- Enjoy 24 days of paid holidays
- Benefit from flexible working hours and additional Company Holidays on 24th and 31st December
- Possibility of participating in our company equity program (senior level-above)
Finiata is a technology provider that enables small businesses to focus on what matters most: their business. As a data-first organisation, we wake up everyday to challenge the established practices in the B2B Fintech landscape. We do it by building cutting-edge AI technology in-house that enables us to personalise profitable lending offers at scale and in real-time.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:Europe: selected countries RO/IT/PL/PT/DE.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈