Senior Data Scientist
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
**** TO ENSURE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL APPLICANTS, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONTACT COGNOA PERSONNEL ABOUT THIS JOB OPENING THROUGH ANY CHANNEL OTHER THAN THE APPLICATION FORM PROVIDED ****
Cognoa is a pediatric behavioral health company developing digital diagnostics and therapeutics to enable the earlier diagnosis and treatment of behavioral health conditions such as autism. Our lead product, the first digital diagnosis aid for autism, has received FDA marketing authorization and we continue to develop other ML-powered products that will address additional unmet clinical needs of developing children.
We are looking for a product-minded Senior Data Scientist to join our Data Science team. In this role you will design, build, and evaluate novel diagnostic and therapeutic products, bringing these products from inception to viability. You will collaborate cross-functionally with data engineers, business analysts, clinical researchers, and product managers to formulate and guide the execution of appropriate solutions to the company's data product needs.
Remote work with quarterly visits to our Palo Alto, CA headquarters is possible.
- Develop ML-powered Diagnostic and Therapeutic solutions
- Provide thought leadership and AI/ML strategy objectives
- Initiate and organize data-collection efforts
- Research and implement novel ML approaches
- Validate models retrospectively and prospectively via code review, unit/integration testing, and clinical evaluation
- Deliver AI/ML solutions with an emphasis on both patient and business impact
- Collaborate with data engineers, other data scientists, product managers, and clinical researchers to align R&D with business objectives
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant quantitative field (Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Data Science, etc.) and 5+ years industry experience in ML algorithm development and deployment, OR
- Master's degree in a relevant quantitative field and 3+ years industry experience, OR
- PhD in a relevant quantitative field and 1+ years industry experience
- 3+ years working with common programming languages and data science packages (e.g. python, jupyter, pandas, scikit-learn, R, TensorFlow, Keras, etc.)
- Experienced in driving ML R&D, including scoping projects, planning experiments, collecting/analyzing relevant data, communicating results, and proposing refinements
- Expert in traditional ML and deep learning techniques
- Proficient with SQL
- Familiar with BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to explain complicated quantitative concepts clearly and concisely to non-technical audiences
- Ability to tailor ML methods to overall business objectives
- Experience in a regulated industry (preferably healthcare/medical devices)
- Familiarity with distributed computing platforms (e.g. Spark)
- Proven track record applying deep learning methods is a big plus
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible work from home policy
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Generous parental leave
- 401k plan with company match
- HSA employer contribution
- Short and long term disability
- Employee referral bonus up to $5,000
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈